1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Optimus Pusher Announcement

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by Avalanche, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of our Optimus model of snow pushers. These models are now available for skid steer, back-hoe and loader machines.

The Optimus is a completely new design. It offers 24' inch steel blade sections, where each section trips and floats individually, as well as self-levelling wear shoes. This allows the blade to contour the ground, perfect for uneven surfaces, making plowing even more efficient.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To view a video demonstrating the Optimus, please see below link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cb_-RSRgz4

For more information, please call our toll-free number 1-800-232-6950.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thats exactly what I was thinking!... a ridged pusher with the only moving parts are the trip edges!... good thing I didnt waste alot of $ trying to get a patent on it....... looks like a better mousetrap!

3. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thumbs up for this cool new toy!! Been to the factory and I am impressed!! tymusictymusic

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Any pricing on these units?

5. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Amanda,
    Still waiting for Matt to email me.......

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The concept is similiar but the delivery is totally different. It looks pretty well built to me.

8. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Guys, something we didn't mention in the announcement above is that the floating mechanism for the blades is driven by compression springs, I'll post a picture of the back of the plow that shows the pockets housing the springs. Each blade has two springs acting on it. As it's very hard to break a compression spring there should be very little need to replace parts. .

9. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Optimus viewed from the back showing the housing pockets for the compression springs.
    (Note: U.S. and Canadian patents are pending on this system.)

optimusbackview.jpg

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do you make these units with Global Quick tach?

11. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Yes JD they are available with a standard bucket receiver, skid steer coupler, or hydraulic quick coupler plates for direct connection.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Global is the mount that comes standard on all new John Deere Case Newholland and kubota tractors. Horst also uses this mount on all of there blades and harness. So this is the mount you need to look into if you want to break into this market. All tractor companies will have this style already or will be switching in the very near future.

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Any idea of them down in the states? I might sell my Kage for this if it's good enough.

14. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Hows the kage treating you?

15. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

"I" love it. But my employees will be using the machine now on, so was thinking of something easier.

16. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

The Optimus will be available in the U.S. through our dealers. You can call us toll free at 1-800-232-6950 to find a dealer closest to you.

JD Dave, we are currently looking at the global quick attach system, and we do expect it to be available as an option.

17. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

In the first picture above, the skid steer model has a first-generation wear shoe. We have now updated the design of that self-leveling shoe to allow it to drop further down if the plow gets pushed up. You can see this in the picture here. In reality you probably wouldn't run over an obstacle as high as that curb but just for illustration it shows the how the shoe adjusts to make sure no snow is lost from the plow cavity.

Optextshoe2.jpg

18. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

just when I think Im about to get all my pushers transitioned over to the latest and greatest brand that works the best the competitor comes out with something better! Im just going in a big circle of brands here! I like the looks of this. I might be back to the beginning brand of the first pusher we ever bought if this thing proves itself. Make sure to get lots of video of this thing in action this winter!

19. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Thanks for your post Maker, we appreciate feedback from you guys in the field, even if it's not that positive! You definitely didn't have to delete your post on our account. On the question of moving parts not working well, we designed this system to try to keep moving parts to an absolute minimum. The fact that only the blades ride up and down while the moldboard and side panels remain solidly braced should take care of those concerns. We believe using nested compression springs to drive the blades will also keep any maintenance issues to an absolute minimum.

THE MAKER has just posted in the Avalanche Box Plows forum of PlowSite.com™ - Snow Plowing & Ice Management Forum under the title of New Optimus Pusher Announcement.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    This looks like a cheap immitation from my point of view, funny thing is, this is coming from a manufacturer that insisted that all those moving parts would never work! Interesting isnt it! They must work well in order to want to copy the original!!!!!

20. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

It was probably the mods. lol

Looks very interesting.

Can you go over 6 MPH with it? That right there would make it better than the the "imitated" pusher.