1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New operation

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by irishstuey81, Dec 2, 2013.

1. irishstuey81

irishstuey81 Junior Member
    from cb

Just a buddy and myself. We are keeping it small and just snow blowers and shovel when needed. I have a guy with a large driveway that doesn't want his driveway plowed. I just dont know how to estimate prices yet. The link will give you an idea of the driveway. Also, should i bid by the foot or hourly. I know we are going to 1.5-2 times for heavier snows. THanks for any advice you may provide.
    http://www.pottco.org/x/map_page?pa...00&height=600&ftwidth=300&ftheight=300&map=On

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the forums. There are all kind of ways to bid on a job. Hourly, Depth, Seasonal, By the job, and I am missing some methods most likely. Without salting, I would be $50 - $60 for up to 8". After 8" I would go up another $20. Blizzard conditions would be double. I don't know how deep your snow blowers can go. I bid by the job, so that is not your method. I use a pick up truck with a snow plow. Good Luck to you.

3. XYZSnowPros

XYZSnowPros Member

If you could clarify a little about your client not wanting it plowed. Do you mean the client wants it all shoveled by hand? Can you use snow blowers?

We do a lot of those exact types of driveways all hand shoveled.
    And we also use snow blowers on some as well.
    Yes we have quite a few clients that do not want trucks and plows on their immaculate concrete/asphalt driveways.

If you private message me I will gladly give you some ballpark figures on how we bid them.

TJ

4. XYZSnowPros

XYZSnowPros Member

Welcome on over to PLOWSITE by the way. Feel free to keep asking questions and posting at will. You need like 10 posts or something before you can private message.

That is an excellent shot of the driveway. Is that a county or city website?

Indeed That is a perfect looking driveway. Can definitely see why he wants a superb job by snow blowers and not a truck and plow.
    Left a message for you.

5. irishstuey81

irishstuey81 Junior Member
    from cb

I live in Southwest Iowa. It is a county website that I am using to get an idea on sqft for a fert business. I can usually get fairly accurate numbers.

Are we crazy to charge over 100 for this driveway? It's a good 80 feet to the house.

6. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

no not if its done with a snowblower, I wouldnt expect to fill a route with $100+ driveways as most people will balk at that high of a price. the big difference I see is that a guy with a truck can charge $50 and be out of there in 10-15 minutes or less. but 2 guys with snow blowers I'm guessing would take 30-45 minutes or more to finish that. Here in indiana, most people dont want to pay ovwr $30-$40 dollars for most average sized driveways (4-6 car sized spaces) including the sidewalk to the front door