1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new NJ prop management co?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

2. Lacymanagement

Lacymanagement Junior Member

I bet they do not even own a plow truck! Haha

3. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

The first sentence in the "About Us" section doesn't even make sense....."Alliance Property Services is owned with nearly 20 years of industry experience". I don't own it, do you own it, what the heck. Maybe they should also say, we're also looking for people who can write.

4. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Pricing? I thought we came up with the pricing? They do it for you? How do they know your overhead profit margins etc?

6. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

They send you a pricing sheet, and I guess they hope you sign. Seems to be how these management companies work.

7. Michael DeRose

Michael DeRose Junior Member

They called me to clean three commercial sites last year. Spent 2 hrs driving and putting bids together. Never panned out. I talked to two other companies they called and they never heard anything back.

I would use caution. But i could also be wrong as well.

8. Paversrusnj

Paversrusnj Junior Member

curious to see if anyone worked with them last year? thanks lou

9. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I almost took a contract for them in my area for lawn and landscape maint at a local strip mall 2 years ago. If this is the same guy, he actually drove from New jersey personally to meet me to set me up on the job, we talked for like a hour. Seemed like a decent guy, he told me he used to run a decent size landscape business, but got out of it and became a property brokerage company subbing the work out. But I ended up turning down the work. I just don't trust working for Nationals at all even if there are good ones out there. Don't have anything bad to say about them because I didn't work for them however.

10. Backwell

Backwell Junior Member

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A SCAM AND HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME 3 TIMES. THE GUY USED TO LIVE IN NY. When I was younger I had a female friend working there and he made all of the chicks there cry, sexually harassed them. They do a lot of property preservation.

Some companies people talk about not getting paid but it is usually their fault. THIS COMPANY IS FRAUD. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS GUY. They have no contracts themselves and are already subs. You will be getting paid 3rd and 4th tier.

11. Backwell

Backwell Junior Member

12. Backwell

Backwell Junior Member

Michael McCaffrey, identified as the president and owner of the four companies.

13. Paversrusnj

Paversrusnj Junior Member

Thanks guys for the info. Its amazing how property owners give these people contracts and aren't equipped to maintain them. I was amazed when a Georgia area code showed up when he called and asked if I was interested in plowing a local spot in central jersey.

14. Ramairfreak98ss

Its got to be a sham... they never sent us their pricing.

they requested a bid.. and craziest thing ever.. that we bid the same set of properties to the parent company "DIRECTLY" and obviously were not chosen as the contractor for them, and this Alliance company was, then they turn around and call US to bid them to them.. well hello, if my bid was $1k for salt to them direct with 30 day terms, my prices are all 20% higher dealing with you in between.. they did say our bids were about 50% too high so they don't think we can come to an agreement, good thing they understand mathematics.

15. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Good link, This is the guy that plucked me at a truck stop at NYS Thruway exit 42. I ended up keeping the job because I was pulling out and the business owners paid the invoice and payed me from there.

I heard some rumors about the property owners going after this guy. I never got involved or said anything about it. I was paid and happy did not want anything to do with it.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

17. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

They did send me the prices, but they were way too low for that size of a property, and the scope of work didnt even exist

18. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah the scope doesn't match what the site requirements are for sure.

19. MatthewM

MatthewM Junior Member

My name is Matthew J. Meyers Sr. I own Alliance Property Services. I owned full service landscape company years back, and when the housing marketing turned on the commercial and residential side, I decided to re-invent myself and our company philosophy. I was very good at sales, but with budgets going backwards and I (all) had huge competition locally, so I decide to branch out. With snow removal, I could only go within a 30 miles radius to perform snow services. With moving into a management role, I was able to branch out geographical. Basically, was not "capping" with customers and opportunities. Yes, some customers were not on board with my ideas, and I some of my portfolio. Yes, it was scary, but I tried to focus my intentions other opportunities.

With a management style of Landscape Maintenance, Snow Removal and Sweeping, to some people it is very unpopular. And I am aware or larger companies and the nightmares stories......I have been victim to them. But, being unpopular does not feed my family, nor bring stability to a unstable industry.

To answer your questions below:

Lacymanagement

I bet they do not even own a plow truck! Haha
    (Lacy - I do own equipment, but most count on subs to do the work)

Doin_It Doin_It

The first sentence in the "About Us" section doesn't even make sense....."Alliance Property Services is owned with nearly 20 years of industry experience". I don't own it, do you own it, what the heck. Maybe they should also say, we're also looking for people who can write.
    (I appreciate your input, I will look it into on the website)

leigh

Did you get pricing yet? They just called me, waiting for pricing.

Pricing? I thought we came up with the pricing? They do it for you? How do they know your overhead profit margins etc?
    (Leigh - I understand every contractor has different overhead. I price out the jobs in-house. I try not to jerk contractors around to bid the job. If my pricing is not in line with the contractors, they can turn the job down....no one is hold a gun to their to sign on with me.)

Backwell

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A SCAM AND HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME 3 TIMES. THE GUY USED TO LIVE IN NY. When I was younger I had a female friend working there and he made all of the chicks there cry, sexually harassed them. They do a lot of property preservation.

Some companies’ people talk about not getting paid but it is usually their fault. THIS COMPANY IS FRAUD. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS GUY. They have no contracts themselves and are already subs. You will be getting paid 3rd and 4th tier.
    (Mr. Blackwell. I am not that guy. With your other posts, the article, explains....I appreciate it. I am Alliance from NJ, I also have a office in the Atlanta area. I do have some overlap thru the years with this company, but that is this **** I have to deal with being in their services area.)

Paversrusnj

Thanks guys for the info. Its amazing how property owners give these people contracts and aren't equipped to maintain them. I was amazed when a Georgia area code showed up when he called and asked if I was interested in plowing a local spot in central jersey.
    (Paversrusnj - Is not that we are not equipped to maintain......property managers are over whelmed with too many accounts and services they have to manage. My company gives them a way to control that.
    One manager - manages 8 shoppings centers. That could potentially be 8 landscapers, 8 snow guys, 8 lot sweepings, 8 porters, and misc. contractors for asphalt maintenance, line striping...and so on. That is a lot for one to manage......this is where I come in and try to take the pressure of the manager, who by the way, is under paid, and over worked...lol)

FredG

Good link, this is the guy that plucked me at a truck stop at NYS Thruway exit 42. I ended up keeping the job because I was pulling out and the business owners paid the invoice and payed me from there.

I heard some rumors about the property owners going after this guy. I never got involved or said anything about it. I was paid and happy did not want anything to do with it.
    (Fred...not that guy)

If everyone would like to address me or my company - cell phone 609-929-8323 / matt@alliancepropertyservicesinc.com.

This post was not meant as a negative replay for one particular. I work hard to put my company in a good light with customers and contractors I work with. I hope this clear any confusion. Thank you much.

20. Ramairfreak98ss

Matt, why don't you answer some of the guys questions about multiple businesses, multiple states of business and multiple lawsuits?