1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Nighthawks

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by iakentdoz, Dec 22, 2006.

1. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Now that I rebuilt my light tower, it's time for some new lights.

What a difference! It is super foggy to night and the nighthawks work great. I'm glad I didn't go any higher with the new tower, It's just right. I'll get a picture whit the plow on this weekend. Look at the difference from the stock lights (bottom pic), the nighthawks are so much bigger.

nighthawks.jpg

tower_after3.jpg

2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Wireing

Did you have to do any special wire conections or is it a wire for wire type deal?

3. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Nope, just spliced the wires together. The new Nighthawks lights wires have 6 wires and the wires for the plow have 6 wires each side. There are 3 wires from the plow light control for both left and right head light and 3 wires each for the left and right turn/marker light.

Blizzard used white for the ground, red for Hi beam, Green Low beam. yellow is marker and blue for turn light. The nighthawks wire are all makers, ground (com) Hi, Lo, marker, turn. Just match them up and use a wetter tight crimp connector.

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

5. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Thanks fot the info. Can't wait for mine to come in. Then maybe I'll be able to see better.

6. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

Are the nighthawks H.I.Ds' or Halogen?
    If they are HID's are the ballasts inside the casing?

7. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I think they are Halogen. I don't know allot about HID's, I know there is not any ballasts that I can see inside of the housing.