1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New NIGHTBLASTER™ 120 Cree LED off-road/worklights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dash Flash, May 21, 2014.

1. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

[​IMG]

Yes, there are a lot similar-looking lights out there right now.
    There are high quality ones like the Epic Pro20-9600™ at $499.99 and the Rigid Industries™ 120212 at $665.00. There are also cheap Chinese copies of the quality lights selling for as little as $150.

What the high-quality lights offer that the cheap worklights do not:

1. High-end Cree™ or Osram™ LEDs.
    2. Higher light output per watt of power
    3. Vibration tested components to military standards
    4. High quality drivers and circuit boards
    5. Submersion tested
    6. Dustproof
    7. Over-under voltage protection
    8. Waterproof/dustproof cerifications
    9. LED life of at least 50000 hours

The NIGHTBLASTER™ 120 worklight with 3-watt Cree™ LEDs is directly comparable to the Epic™ and Rigid™ products, with all the same features, but at a factory-direct price of only $229.95!

The NIGHTBLASTER™ 120 offers up to 12,360 raw lumens and a 50000 hour lifespan!

See the NIGHTBLASTER™ 120 here: http://www.dash-flash.com/nightblaster.html

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like the one I had from Strobes N More.

3. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

I'm not familiar with that product, but you can't tell the quality by the appearance. The $150 Chinese lights look exactly like the $665. Rigid Industries light as well as our Nightblaster light.....but they are worlds apart in quality.

One way to differentiate the Chinese work lights is that they typically offer only 30000 hours compared to the quality lights' 50000 hours. They also offer only 9000+ lumens compared to the quality lights of the same size that offer 12000+ lumens.

4. 1olddogtwo

Hard to say for sure, does the leg lock in with a second small Allen bolt?

I run all Rigid and Bulldog. bought that and mounted it on the headset of the plow.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

You can't go wrong with ANY of the high quality work lights. Rigid Industries uses German Osram LEDs which are extremely high quality. The Rigid lights are considered the Rolls Royce of work lights.

The NIGHTBLASTER mounting brackets mate to a "ratchet" on the side of the housing and then lock in place with a single large allen screw and lock washer.

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You should sell old dogg a couple. You'll get a honest review

What happened to the plow coating guy?

7. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

Everyone is invited to purchase a Nightblaster 120 or 72 and write a review. Although you can't always immediately recognize a quality work light until it's still working years later...and the cheap light has failed.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea who that is.

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

That's a Inside joke. The plow slick guy made his stuff seam like gold or god gift the the plow world no matter what anyone said.

At least you admitted there are other high or higher quality manufactures out there other then your self.

9. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

We will never make claims for our products that can't be confirmed by our customers. Firefighters, police officers, and plow operators know quality when they see it and we take pride in the quality of our products.

Why wouldn't we? There are most certainly MANY other high quality products on the market. Our products are among them. We only try to inform and caution people against the inferior products. This is even more important when it comes to emergency lights than worklights. People's lives can depend on emergency lights.

10. 1olddogtwo

Its a long story.... I wasn't nice.

11. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

Snow plowing is a hard, demanding job and plow operators are tough guys. Anyone who tries to blow smoke at plow operators should expect a chop-busting.

By the way, we're offering a 10% discount through June to anyone who identifies themselves as a PlowSite member. That's on all of our products.

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

He got a honest review though lol

13. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

Based on his name "Plow Slick" I assume he was selling a product designed to make snow slide off a plow faster. Judging by the comments, apparently it didn't work too well. :)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend....and that we all remember the reason for the holiday. ussmileyflag