1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new need help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MImowerkid, Feb 22, 2005.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid Junior Member

I am fairly new to plowing (snow blowing ) and I would be considering to get a plow next year. I am in the process of officially starting my business and I just have a few questions about insurance and prices . First off, what would my business have to pay for insurance for a snowplow ? just to let everyone know it would be my dad's biz , because i'm not 18 but It is really my biz . Also anyone in lower MI what do you charge for the average residential drive requiring back dragging? do you charge per season ? per push ? also I would like to know of any reccomendations for a poly plow or other lightweight plow as I will most likely be purchasing an 1/2 ton pickup pretty soon . thanks for all of the help! also any guys in the metro area check out lawnsite as many of us have gotten together to discuss buisness in the past and will soon in the future! just search for MI and it will pop up!

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

As far as the insurance goes, there are alot of variables that go into it. See whay type of insurance your father will have on the vehicle, first. This sometimes helps determine the cost of the liability insurance (I would hate to see what it would would cost me if I had a 16 year old son driving a 4 wheel drive truck). Anyway, the cost of an average drive around here (like a subdivision lot) is 20 bucks - 25 if we get out of the truck, and a bit more if there is a walk and porch/patio done. I hope this helps.