1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New!!!!! Need help w/ pricing & Contract

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by steve wood, Nov 13, 2006.

1. steve wood

steve wood Junior Member

I live in Maryland and this is my first season in Snow removal. I have a Large new home builder that i currently do a large amount of flood restoration for. I have the chance to do snow work for them but i dont how to price the work. They are looking for a per hour price for the work. I have 3 P/U trucks all with plows. I have 2 in bed spreaders. The work will consist of plowing the entrance roads, driveways at the model homes, and probeley sidewalks. What would be a good hour;ly rate to give them.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What where you plowing before? How much are you going to be plowing. 3 pickups can get a lot of road plow quick.

The going rate as a sub with a pick up is $75 an hour. As the contract is between $105 and $115 an hour. Salt is by the ton.

3. steve wood

steve wood Junior Member

This is my first year pushing for my self. I worked the last 2 winters for a good friend. I need a price to give for salt. I think i am going to hit them around 90.00 per hr. because of the amount of work they have to offer

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well it all depends on the amount of salt you are going to be using. Is it going to be bulk, bagged. etc. type of spreaders.

You really need to come to the maryland meet. Do a search on here for it. Its this thursday.