1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New mvp3 ss

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ibavamarine, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ibavamarine

ibavamarine Junior Member

We have never ran a SS board. With a new truck in the fleet, we are outfitting it with a new MVP3. Our dealer quoted us $6,100 steel and $6,600 for SS installed. What and where is the $500 value? I understand this is Western's first SS board?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That's not a good deal unless that's installed I bought a 9.6 MVP2 with wings for 5845 ship to me and The MVP3 with wings was going be 5985 I had to do the install I already have a MVP2 So if I need swap wings between plows I can
    I like Red paint
  3. ibavamarine

ibavamarine Junior Member

The prices included installation. More curious if the SS upcharge is worth the value.
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

They say Snow wont stick as bad to it
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Stainless is much more difficult to work with, welding, drilling etc, lots of special tooling for this. But I would say the value is in the fact that it will never rust. I work with large stainless sanders at my shop and we rebuild, modify and upgrade the hoppers year after year. The mild steel parts rust and are frequently replaced but the stainless components seem to last forever.
  6. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

Where are you getting it at I just picked up one yesterday in Winchester, i could give you a couple places that are around 6200 installed
  7. TCLandscaping

TCLandscaping Senior Member

Wow these prices are insane. Here on long island its more than a grand what you were quoted. its almost 6 for a snowdogg plow installed!!!!