1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MVP Pluss /1 1/2" center gap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PlowBoy322, Nov 30, 2013.

1. PlowBoy322

PlowBoy322 Junior Member

I guess from what I've been told. This is all the closer the 60 year old company could get this. We have to engineer the slots to tighten up the gap.
    Nice. Just what I wanted to do spending the money I did for a new plow. My dealer helped me out. That was the good news.
    Whats others been doing?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My first set I had on my MVP was slotted The slotted ones cost more then the hole ones:mechanic:
  3. PlowBoy322

PlowBoy322 Junior Member

Is it by alot
  4. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

There was a patent issue with the slotted holes on Western and Fisher cutting edges hence the change,you can make the holes slotted or see if your dealer will do it for you.
  5. PlowBoy322

PlowBoy322 Junior Member

So I wonder how is it they have slots on the blades for the new MVP 3. My dealer had my blade done for me at a weld shop. From what I can gather Western just dropped the fix to the dealers and the owners
  6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

for legal reasons Western can't have them made so that they can be adjusted for 'no gap'. on the new mvp3 they have a 1/4" plate sticking down between them, so they can be adjusted down to a 1/4" gap but not completely together.
    also, the newest version of the center kit for the replacement wear bars (for either mvp3 or mvp+) do have ONE of the two holes in each curved piece slotted. the base angle on the mvp3 blade has the OTHER hole slotted. so if a person was to slot the one hole in their mvp+ base angle, then whenever you buy wear bars from now on, you will be able to adjust them.
  7. PlowBoy322

PlowBoy322 Junior Member

That's exactly what was done to mine