1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kramer56, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

OK I am in the process of buying a new plow. I want a V blade and so far i am looking into snoway and Fisher but talked to my local western dealer yesterday and he assured me its way more superior than the comp. Now it is essentially the same as the extreme V but he says its got a better mounting system. I have never plowed with a western or snoway yet. Are they easy to install as the price he gave me was quite eye catching if i installed it. Its going on a 2004 2500HD crewcab sb diesel. I want the 8.5 with a stick.

Now are there any issues and i mean any with this plow that people have experienced for example the 3 holes for truck adjustment on the bottom rear of the A-frame. I think I would like the western from the videos on thier website but you guys have done the real test and what do you guys think????
    PLease and thank you.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a new MVP last year (it's the plow in my avatar) and I've been real happy with it. I like the trip edge, the lights, push button control and locking cylinders are standard (Boss makes you pay extra for that).

It was very easy to assemble and install...I had a pro do the wiring just because I wanted to make sure it was done right.

I don't remember the exact price I paid but I believe it was around $4500 for everything.

3. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I have a mvp plus and i love everything about it except i am having problems with my lights jumping around alot when driving at night

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I absolutely love mine! The hydraulics on these things are super fast!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Of course it is, he's a Western dealer. :rolleyes:

Way more superior to the competition in what aspects?

Install? Or attach?

The Ultra's attach/detach easily. But where they really shine is on uneven ground.

To actually install the truck side hardware/wiring? Snoway hands down. Not even a comparison. :nod:

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I had mine new last season; Ultra Mount MVP plus.....

I'm a little mixed in my opinion. The plow is fast, and the vee does cut down the plowing time for sure. I came from a snoway which I thought was great but, at the time I was changing equipment their vee was not up to what I wanted. The Western simply had the best design but, now snoway has their new vee I believe so check that out.

As for the western issues there are some little pita's that could have been done better but, I do not think it would be different for boss or fisher either.

7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

b&b how is the snoway mounting system on uneven ground i am sure they have tested that in the design process.
    My new megaV is here but it isn't in stalled until this Friday.
    And now i was watching weather and we are sup[posed to get 5-10 inches of wet snow and i have no plow on the truck wtf. I blame Snoway due to stalling of the shipments not cool if you ask me.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Any plow that doesn't have a pivot point on the plow side to compensate for much side to side ground variation isn't going to attach/detach as easily as the Ultra's do in that situation. But as long as you keep it on reasonably level ground it won't even be an issue.

9. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

My ultra goes on so easy its nuts. My friend has a fisher and has a hard time with it sometimes. [not putting down fisher plows]

10. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I put my plow on and off in my garage. There is a slight incline on the drive as I pull my front wheels onto a flat surface with the plow. To be honest I view the ultra mount as the most dangerous thing I've owned. Keeping the headlight/pump bar from flipping down, then having to jack it up a tad, then it tilts wildly to the side. I've had to build a locking brace to keep the thing locked down until I get the unit into the receiver. On perfectly level ground that does not allow the blade to slip as you drive the truck forward - maybe not so bad, but, for me the snoway was easier.