1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MVP plus poly 8.5 questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA snoman, Jan 30, 2008.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I just picked up a new MVP plus poly for my truck today from another dealer to have it installed by my local dealer and after getting home I have noticed a couple things. The biggest concern is that I noticed a cut I guess u would call it in the mold board right above the cutting edge. it is approx. 1/2 - 1 inch in length. I am concerned that it might crack out there after some wear and tear. It is fairly deep in relation to the thickness of the poly moldboard. I don't want to seem anal, (even though I am) but this thing is gonna cost almost 6K with tax and I feel like it should be perfect. I know it is gonna get beat up lets face it, but like I said I could see this posibly cracking and then it would be my fault (wear n tear) and have to pay out of pocket. What do you guys think? I will try to post pic even though it is dark out.

#2. I also noticed there are some adjustments to the cutting edge centersection to get gaps correct but saw other gaps between moldboard and pivot point on right wing of plow. Is there adjustments for this too or is there a little bit of gap when the plow goes into different positions? The plow is currently in the scoop position on the trailer. I am gonna go outside right now and try to take some pics of this plow so u guys can tell me what you think

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP. CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS THING TO BE ON MY TRUCK AND SORRY SO LONG!

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Are you in Des Moines? Just kinda curious as to the dealer that this was purchased from.

Anywho.......there is an adjustment as far as the flatness of the cutting edge with the ground. There are two bolts.....think they are 1 1/8" carriage bolts....a bolt on each side of the frame have a slotted plate sitting on the inside of the frame. Loosen those bolts up and you'll probably have to take a small pry bar and a hammer to adjust it to get the right pitch. When you are happy with it tighten the 4 bolts back up and whhaalaaa.

As far as the other stuff goes, I've taken $500 mounting brackets back after the welds I found on it were complete junk:mad:....so I can't imagine anybody accepting any kind of defect in a 6K plow brand new. I'd take it back and make them make it right with you. Especially since their quality has been a joke here lately. Just my two cents