1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MVP Plus cutting edge issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firedawg1983, Nov 24, 2014.

1. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

Got my MVP plus and put it together but in the center where the two cutting edges meet there's about a good two inch gap. Any way to fix that?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The center pieces of the edges are slotted. Should be able to loosen the bolts and adjust them to close the gap.

3. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

Only one of the holes on each side appears to be slotted which doesn't make any sense at all

4. cubicinches

They should all be slotted on the main edges. If you loosen them all a little you can get the gap closed. Or take it back to the dealer who installed it and tell them to finish the job.

5. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

Ok I'll check it out. Thank you for the help!

Brian

6. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

They no longer slot the holes,there was a patent issue,you will have to elongate the holes yourself or see if your dealer will.

7. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

I'll talk to the dealer tomorrow thanks timboy

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Only one hole is slotted The other one you will need a die grinder and grind it till the gap is closed

Its easy to do

9. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

So I can just use a grinder and do it myself?

10. Antlerart06

Yep The dealer might charge you to do it Since that's how all new ones come and its not the dealer fault

11. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

What about western? Anything they can do?

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Boss sued western and western had to change the design.

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You can thank Boss for that. It's one of the reasons why I'll never buy any of their products again.

14. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

So what is western doing about the design on these? It's a good 2 and a half inch gap and that's not satisfactory for just spending the amount of money I did on it

15. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

What a joke. Never have bought a boss never will

16. cubicinches

As far as I know, on the two center pieces, one hole is slotted in the edge, and the other hole is slotted in the base angle of the blade. We do quite a few of them, and haven't had much issue getting them reasonably close, but I've not looked super close at a new one lately.

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

MVP3 has a slightly different design

On my old MVP, I waterjetted out 5/8 of inch out of the shoe to close the gap. Western gives the overlay to do that. Their hands are tied.

18. Antlerart06

Well I don't know what else to tell you Just grind it or live with it

My new MVP same way after I wear this edge off I will put my own edges on and run rubber in the center

19. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

The one towards the center of plow is slotted and outside is not now if it's slotted on the back of the blade I can get it to slide over. I'll have to look at it in the morning

20. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

I'm going to see if I can get it to work tomorrow. I'll let you guys know tomorrow. Worst case scenario I'll grind it.