1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new mvp cutting edge not stiting level

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i have a brand new 9.6 mvp blade and i am new to the v blade world. i went around today to my sites to see where i might be tight in spaces and well i was i put the blade down and walked around the truck. when i did to i noticed that the center of the plow is pivioting the only time i have the whole cutting edge on the ground is when the blade is in the scoop mode.the plow piviots about an inch. is this normal shold i bring the blade back. HELP

2. michdeere

michdeere Member

If "should I bring the blade back" means to whoever set it up for you, YES, you should. The center should be in contact with the ground. You say it only touches in scoop. It also touches when it's straight doesn't it?

3. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

the center touches all the time the rest of the blade only touches 100% when it is in the scoop mode

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to pull the truck and plow on a level floor then drop it and put it in scoop and then in V. Look at the cutting edges in both positions. The whole (both) cutting edges should touch regardless of the position. If not then it is not properly adjusted. The new MVP + has two adjustmentss / configurations. The major is an option of four holes in the configuration plates. That should have been done by the builder and I expect it was. The second adjustment is often overlooked. There are two 3/4" bolts one each side at the rear of the A frame near the pivot bar. The forward two bolts are the pivots and the rear two are the adjustments. There are three holes for the back bolts and you need to use the ones that bring the A frame as close to parallel to the ground as possible. If this isn't done right you will wear the cutting edges round and it won't plow worth crap.

5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

well just spent the last 2 hours re adjusting the plow went well got the beam sit level with the ground bad news is just made the blade worse. so i decided to see if the blade is bent by putting it in straight blade and lifting it off the ground. when standing back looking at it the cutting edge is not level with the ground the center is lower than the sides. witch leads me to believe that the new plow is bent am i right in saying this

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If this is an ultra-mount it has a swivel bar at the rear, near the mtount, that has a big bolt in the middle which allows the whole plade to twist in relation to the truck to allow for irregular surfaces. The old uni-mounts didn't have that feature. Also, if there are two lift chains and they are not even this can cause the plow to tilt when elevated. But it doesn't really matter if the plow hangs straight, the important thing is that the cutting edge touches the ground fully regardless of what position it is in.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It will sit level,all you needed to do was put it on the ground and mover forward about 1 inch and it will sit flat.

8. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

please explane gradview i have adjusted the **** out of this plow and noting seamsto make the plow sit level on the ground

9. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

just brought it tothedealer will see at the end of the day what is wrong

10. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

its 3 pm blade has been at the dealer since 8 am and they still cant fig it out how long do they have to have it till they belive me that the new blade is bent lol oh well not my wasted time

11. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

still not fixed

got called by the dealer today said truck is done when to pick it up and it was not fixed all they did was adjust on bold to make the beam 100% level with the ground when i showed for the 2nd time today that only the center of the cutting edge touches when in straight blade and in scoope than they tryed to adjust the cutting edge it self at the end of all this plow still not fixed they said they are calling western tomorow what you guys think is the prob if it is set up right

12. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

new plow bent new blade on the way will have pics of brand new bent plow up soon

13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Mine was like that and had to adjust it kinda still that way but some grinding on a back road fix it
    Then I replace the edge and I went with a 8'' cutting edge and had re adjust back