1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New mount???s

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JimT, Aug 23, 2007.

1. JimT

JimT Junior Member

Hi-new to this sight. I've got a 99 chevy tahoe that iIm putting a Snoway HT 7.5' plow on. Its used and I went on snoways web site and they recomend a lighter plow. The frame mount I got looks like it will bolt right up, My question is this, If/will? I need to beef up my front end a little. what is the best route. I dont do much plowing really. Only my drive (750') My Moms and relatives and friends. But sometimes I leave the plow on and use the truck for other stuff. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Jim

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You should be fine. Ballast in the rear (try about 400lbs) if you want a little extra load capacity try a set of Timberns.

If you want to lighten the plow you could consider a poly skin and a poly wear edge, lighter, quieter, and safe for sealed pavers and concrete.?

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You will be fine. Just plow away and watch basic maintenence items.