1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New mount - old plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by lukaplow, Sep 28, 2009.

1. lukaplow

lukaplow Junior Member
    from Canada

Picked up a used (maybe around 6 years old) plow, everything but the mount.
    My question is do I have to match the plow to the mount (are the mounts specific to the plow model), or are all the mount the same and I only have to worry about finding a mount that matches my truck?
    So a brand new mount will work on this old plow?
    Thanks for the newbie question, everything I have used has been company owned so I never have worried about that stuff.
  2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

The mounts are the same for all Hiniker plows, you just need the correct one to fit your truck.
  3. Kayem

Kayem Junior Member

I've been working for a lady who wants to sell me a 2000 Hiniker straight blade 8' for $1200 bucks. Is this a good deal? It was used only a few times a year for a smaller driveway (maybe 100 yards long) and has your typical light rust, nothing I can't fix. It came off a a 2000 f-350 7.3, and I have a 2007 f-250 6.0. Will a new mount fit it? I assume I will need a new harness too. All of my experience is with Western plows, so I'm just curious as to if the plow will fit a new mount (you make it sound like it will) and if I will need a new harness. Thanks.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

2000 ford to 2007 ford is not a good interchange so you will need a new mount and headlight harness adapters. The center section could be usable with the proper vehicle specific mounts. Check with your Hiniker dealer for specific information.