1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Mount...For Fisher Fishstick

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I made this mount up today...pretty simple and affective. Just fabbed it out of a piece of 1/8 flat plate and bent it to what I needed. I mounted it in a spot that was for my original control for my 8ft straight blade, so the holes were already there. The mount will come off in the summer like is was never there. I like it because I can control the plow with my left hand and when I come into a bank, I can have my right hand on the shifter ready to go right into reverse quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can even rest my arm on the arm rest and operate the control....that I really like
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

great idea
    i might go with that as well once i get my hands on the "clip"

3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Didn't get one with you're plow? You should be able to get some separate at any dealer....can't be too expensive

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

just goes to show it's all about personal preferance and doing what's best for the person using the equipment. nice job man, good luck with it:salute:

5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I think it will work for me....just have to be a little cautious when getting in and out of the truck not to bump it...even if I do the mount should be ok. If it's a problem I might be able to bend the mount a little different.

I know alot of people like to mount controllers on the right side but I hate reaching from the controller to my shifter with the same hand. This way it think I can operate a little quicker......Plow controls with left hand....Shifter with Right.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have the joysticks controls for the V's but straight or V I have them all mounted right there.

7. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

That's great
    I just throw mine on the center console all winter and unplug it in the spring

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I used it tonight...and loved it....rested my arm on the arm rest and the controls were just a finger tip away

9. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Different controller and truck, but.....

Here is a mount I twisted up the other day for my 96 Dodge. I think it was your earlier post that inpsired me to finally make one. This will slip into the center console under the lid,and is held securely by the lid when closed. A velcro tab holds it in place while lid is opened.

I have the fishstick also, and can just wedge it between the split seat if I decide to use it. I prefer the western control since that is what I am used to.

007 [640x480].JPG

003 [640x480].JPG

008 [640x480].JPG

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That looks pretty handy....nice fab work