1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new motor needed in 1 yr old Fisher MM2?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrs_sealcoat, Dec 9, 2013.

1. mrs_sealcoat

mrs_sealcoat Junior Member

My less than 1 year old Fisher MM2 needs a new motor… It is making a loud screeching noise when I try to raise it, and takes at least a minute to go up 1 inch, if it even goes up at all…. This seems absurd to me and i'm just wondering others thoughts.

We purchased a new Fisher Minute Mount 2 last winter and from a reputable dealer. They also did the install. We have a few other Fisher straight blades, some as much as 10 years old, never with this kind of problem.

My concern is for the long term. A faulty or defective motor after 1 year and according to the dealership, this is a common occurrence. Am I going to have to replace the motor every year now? Luckily this time we are covered under the warranty, but that won't be the case next year or the year after, etc…

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

if you replace the motor with your warranty with another new fisher motor then that new motor will have a warranty as well...