1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Motor installed on Unimount now Plow stopped Working

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DIRISHMAN, Dec 18, 2010.

1. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey GUYS Need Some INSIGHT on this matter

Motor on my plow went out last week so I replaced it. Went out yesterday to scrape my lot where I live. Started my truck and let it warm up about 5/10 min and then went out to start scraping my drive a little. Plow worked fine for about 10/15 min then all of sudden would not raise or move left or right.It will go down though. Selinoid under hood clicking and motor does run when switch is engaged. When motor was installed last week plow ran fine. Temp outside here has been about 13 to 17 degrees out for past couple days being plow does sit outside I have no garage.... One more thing I did replace hydro fluid with blue stuff. Please Help :help:

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

So the motor does run??
    When you change the motor did you change the gasket as well??

U might have moisture inside the pump housing. If you could get the plow in a warm place for a while, then try to operate the plow. If it moves in all directions, then possibility you have water in the fluid.

If not try this;

Check the connector in front of the grill.. Make sure it is all clean. If not, use battery cleaner
    spray both ends, let it sit for about a minute, try to clean around the pins, then blow it out with air.Put some electrical grease in both ends, put the connectors together, and try it.

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey Twinman Thanks you for all your help it was much appriciated. I OWE a Big thanks to a guy On here whom you KNOW on here NO LEAD the second part of your answer was the dumb A$$ problem I had to use some Brakeclean and a small welding wire brush and then apply some dielectric grease to both plugs and WELLA IT now works again wheeewww Thanks god we have snow coming this week AGAIN THANKS TO ALL AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY PLOW SEASON AND A GREAT HOLIDAYThumbs UpThumbs Up

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

That is what we are all here for to help out and get you guys on the road to making money..

Happy holidays to you and your family, and safe plowing..

Still waiting for the big storm here...............

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:.......