1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New mortor 21500k

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Dec 1, 2011.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Does this look bad? I don't know. All i know when i took if off the plow the inside stayed on the plow lol i don't know if that right or not

2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

some more

Do i use the washers over or not ?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Commutator (spelling?) looks to be very worn. Also not sure what was wearing on the under side of the brushes. I would replace the motor but just my opinion.
  4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Yes use the washers. Two on top. I thought there was one on bottom as well. I think one of the top ones is a felt washer? Someone with more know how than me could answer that better.
  5. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Only got to the third grade so i think i doing ok thanks :salute:
    I got the new motor but theirs a 3rd bolt do i take that out or just let it be ?
    And do i got grease on anything ? i know i got to put anti-seize on the bolts
  6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

heres a pic

I am lost lol thanks for all the info guys

7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

The third bolt stays on. Just take the two bolts out that are across from each other. Be careful when you are putting the new motor on. When you go to put it on the valve body keep your fingers under it as long as you can. Otherwise the armature will fall out and you will have to take the cap off to get the brushes pushed back to get the armature aligned again.