1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Moldboard?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mowerpan, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Hey the moldboard on my plow is VERY rusty, and while not holed through it is very "pitted" now if i wanted to replace it, how thick should i use. The current one is prolly 1/8inch thick and i was wondering if i could save some weight by going with thinner stuff as this is an older very heavy plow. Or should I just leave my current moldboard?
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

most plow part suppliers sell a poly liner that will go over your old moldboard and give it a new surface.We used one on a western plow and it worked great at a fraction of a price of a moldboard.
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I did both a new skin and a linner what a nice job the fab shop did with the skin but its a lot of work to re skin a plow and its kind of late now but the linner is a quick fix and it looks great. Check out summer project 100 bucks in pics. If you just sand blast the plow and re paint it w/new linner plow will look great the mill supply has them ....
  4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If your looking for a sheet of poly for your plow I have some I may part with. Its not the stuff you buy and put over your rusty mold board. Its actual 3/8 thick. Let me know if your intrested maybe I can help....Rob