1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Mold Board

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by ken643, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Well after a more than a few years with the 6'9" blade, I added the Beyer's wings. Its time for them to go, they are not that good for driveways with deep snow in my opinion and this last storm proved it. The the rubber cutting edge tends to catch the frozen ice edges and or belgium block and starts to ride high, taking the blade off the snow. So today after a new plow motor I decided to move up to a new 7'-6" mold board. Looks great, and works great just tried it a little touch up job.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

You make me want to have a jeep!
  3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

They work great, as long as you maintain the property, several visits on big storms.
  4. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I wondered about the wings on driveways...probably the only place you wouldn't want wings, no need for them on most drives...
  5. DavCut

DavCut Member

Did you just change the mold board (and keep the old one for backup) or did you change everything in front of the headgear?

Love the setup and enjoy the videos.

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks Thumbs Up The dealer swapped out the mold board, the frame work, lights etc.. all the same. and added the snow deflector. I gave the old one to my friend he will keep it as a spare.