1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New mm2 fisher straight blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Storsy23, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

new mm2 will not raise,or angle

Fist time poster here.. Hows it going guys

Any ways i just bought a new fisher mm2 7 1/2 straight blade for my 1/2 ton had no problems with it yet just a few minutes ago i was plowing my driveway did a few backblades everything was working fine untill i made a pass down my driveway went to raise the plow and nothing happened...the plow would lower and thats about it every now and than it will angle a little but than nothing happens. when i press any button on the controller(left,right.up.down) i can hear the motor working it makes maybe a grinding noise kinda along with a single click... the last time i used it was about a week ago in negative 10 weather worked fine than.. i checked all my connections they all seem fine.. anyone advice on how i could fix this would be appreciated

thank you,,

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Is this a brand new plow?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would be willing to bet you have a loose connection. Check the ground at the pump as well as the motor relay under the hood to insure all the connections are tight.

I suppose I should first ask, did you get the HTS or the 7 1/2 HD. If you don't know, does it have a chain attached to the lift arm?

4. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

sounds like ice or the pickup tube could have fallen off..

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

yep grounding or connection issue.
    need more info but check plugs, grounds and give us more info

6. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

yeah its brand spanken new 7 1/2 fisher HD straight blade i checked most connections but didnt think to check the ground to the pump so i should just take them off clean and put back together? would being extremely could for the past few weeks have anything to do with it? past few weeks hasnt gotten higher than about 20 degrees and about negative 5 at nite(plows stays outside)rather keep my truck clean ;) haha...but yeah ill try the ground and go through the connections again

7. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

hey guys thanks for the advice i actually just hooked up my plow the other day due to a storm and plugged everything in and it started right up raised and angle i think something just maybe froze up or the connection got better somehow but thanks for the help. adding some pics of the storm later nothing crazy just a few pics of snow with truck

8. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

got done plowing after about 45 minutes and last push of the job the same thing happened... would not raise/angle had to short chain it again.. checked all connections going to pump/battery they were alittle lose tightened them up and still nothing.. anyone else have these problems when its so cold?

9. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Make sure you use fisher hydraulic fluid... some other brands freeze up easy. Also double and triple check grill connections

10. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

yeah i wanna think (hope so) its just the fluid in the pump freezing up as i said earlier its been extremely cold when plowing its been in low teens temp..i am ignorant when it comes to plows really as this if my first one what color should the fluid be? i looked in the pump and it was a yellow ish color..i always thought it was black? ive seen fluid lines brake before on backhoes and such and it was always black

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if its brand new and you had it installed on the truck, go back to the dealer with it! Your not only paying to buy the plow and have it installed, you're also paying for the dealer support that should follow if something comes up! Good luck and let us know what you find.....i'm also guessing that you have the fishstik controller, it almost sounds like a circuit board problem, hard to believe on something new but who knows! Either way, if you bought it from and had it installed at a dealer, take the truck and plow to them! Be nice and courteous and it will go a long way.

12. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

DITTO!!! BRING IT BACK!!! I cant imagine it is freezing up if it is brand new. I had a ezv that I would have to change the fluid twice a year because water would get in it and ice would plug the little filters. The pump would run and nothing would happen.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fisher fluid is blue......

14. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

andcon83 that sounds like what is happening to me.. i think moisture has gotten in there and blocked the filters.

15. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

pickup tube as fallen off and the filter was pretty pluged up but i have one question... why is there a magnet on the bottom of the hydrolic reservoir?

16. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

and also what would be the best way to clean the filter just to scrape out all the ice and such with a screw driver or can i spray it with air from a compressor..

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Can you put the plow in the garage so it can warm up? I would try to wipe it off with a rag, then maybe spray with Brake Clean. Make sure you wipe out the reservior to get all the water out.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Brand spanking new and your actually doing the work.....wow. I would be at your closest dealer jumping up and down right about now.

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd like to know why he doesn't have blue fluid in his brand new pump.....

Someone needs to tell those guys in Rockland that the yellow paint only goes on the plow, not in the pump......

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  20. RepoMan207

from Maine

Fluid gets put in at the dealer. His dealer is the one that screwed up. Although, I bet FIsher wuld like to hear about that.