1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new mm2 3 plug 7.5 hd plow dropping

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by maineplow, Dec 15, 2013.

1. maineplow

maineplow Junior Member

great site been looking for a while but never posted until today. I was using my new mm2 3 plug hd plow today for the first time and had a intermittent problem. about every fourth or fifth time I would lift my plow it would go all the way to the top and then drop like I had held the down button long enough for float. I would try to lift it a couple times and it would do the same thing then all of the sudden it would hold. happened about five times this morning and then it quit. I plowed this afternoon and it only did it once in the 1.5 hours I had plowed. once it is up and holds and doesn't drop so luckily it hasn't done it when I was driving. I had done some searching and found that some people had the same problem and it ended up being the controller. I am kinda leaning that way as the plow is brand new. I am will try to get it to the dealer this week but just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem on a new plow. sorry for the long post and thanks for the help

2. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

There is a check valve in the valve body just for the raise cylinder. My guess is that it's sticking open due to dirt or even metal shavings that were not cleaned out from manufacturing. Could also be the valve in the S1 cartridge sticking open but I would lean more to the cylinder raise check valve. .

3. maineplow

maineplow Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I swapped controllers with a guy at work and I haven't had it drop after two plowing sessions so I think I am going to stick this controller and see what's happens this weekend with the upcoming storm. Thanks