1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new meyers plow the lot pro

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bronco91, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Hey I'm tring to get and ider of what u guy think of the new meyers plow the lot pro 8ft because there a dealer by me that great price on them. I have never had a meyers befor but I cheaper then the fisher or the western. I would like some thoughts

2. TAZPUSHER

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

I just bought one with wings for my new F-250...I have Boss and Blizzard plows on the rest of my fleet, I thought I would give Meyers another shot due to the reconstruction of their plow line....seems to be a very sturdy plow and pump...time will tell...I still not to crazy about their hand controller...I think it needs a way to hang it up out of the way when not in use like the Western plows have....

3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i wouldnt think twice about buying one of their new plows; their re-structuring of the company has brought back quality and a very solid product. i have an older 7.5 poly and everything on it is simple- the perfect plow for a d-i-y kind of guy. their new mounting system looks blazing fast... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvcs5W417x4 watch that video and see what u think...:D

4. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

We have been using Meyer blades for years and upgraded last year to an 8 ft. w/ wings and love it. The lot pro moves more snow on the longer runs than any blade we have used and can do as good of job as any V blade.

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I'll stick with my Boss & Western have yet to see a good Meyer product.

6. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

The plow looks like a good produce, grease zerks are a big plus along with a height moldboard. As someone else said the quality of their pumps and electrical system has always been a problem with Meyer. The new pumps are suppose to be better but we've heard this before. I'll let others be the guinee pig before I spend $$$ on any Meyer product.

We always have problems with the pumps, B & C coils and electrical connections. This has seldom happened with Boss or Fisher.

Until these units are out a few yrs, I'll sitck with what has worked for us, FISHER & BOSS

7. kitzy

kitzy Junior Member
    from PA

Im one of those snownewbies that drive you all nuts this time of year but in 10 years of landcare I;ve managed to build the biz without having to offer plowing....but now I have a couple of small commercial accounts that insist on the service so here we go. Many of you dont have much good to say about Meyers older stuff...I have a friend with 2 plow trucks with Western but is urging me to buy Meyers new LotPro 7.5. The dealer is a right up the street and gives awesome plow service in storms according to him...and others I've talked to....and since I am totally plowstupid at this point, dealer help is a must for me until I can at least learn to fix the basic breakdowns....again, a few small commercial lots with an f250..I'm willing to give the LP a go given the dealer up the street and Meyers supposed "reengineering".....can you guys give me a ballpark...and a ballpark/swag is fine on what a 7.5 LP should cost me installed? I dont yet have any idea how dealers do/should discount these right now......thanks much for the advice

8. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

Kitzy we are in Indianaplois In. and have an 8ft. w/ adj. wings total cost installed was 5300.00 . We have had many dif. styles of meyers over the years and our lot pro has far exceeded all in quality, service, and proformance and with the taller mold board can more or as much snow even if we are pushing with guys with wider blades. Hope this helps make dessision.

9. kitzy

kitzy Junior Member
    from PA

update...called local dealer who sells Boss and Meyer...
    I wont bash any product right now because I dont know plows.They proceed to tell me why my clear choice needs to be a Boss 7'6 Superduty.....and for $1500 less than the Meyer? ..huh?...Since I'm plowstupid still, I just thought a Boss would be too much money for my little bit of plowing given how so many guys here recommend them and they are so numerous up New England way. Boss HAS to cost allot more...not.
    I'm sold.

10. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

IMO it all comes down to taking care of your equipment! Mine has pushed 350" of snow for the last 4 years with out a problem.

11. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Get yourself an 8 footer for that F-250! :salute:

12. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

this is 3rd winter on my lot pro
    love it
    it pushes snow just fine and has given me no problems