1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Meyer Spread Dead in Tracks HELP!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TCLandscaping, Jan 17, 2013.

1. TCLandscaping

TCLandscaping Senior Member

My brand new meyer spreader is not working. There are no clicks, noises, sounds at all. It has the wireless control system. I used the unit one time after buying brand new. The other day I was spinning out some extra sant to was hthe unit out. Unit was running and chain was going, all of a sudden it stopped, thought it was gas so I finished washing gased up and parked truck. Say we might get an inch tonight so I went down to check evrything over. Now it wont do anything. I checked fuse, cleaned grounds, charged batt and cleaned connections, changed remote battery ect. I can get the starter to click when I bypass the solenoid but I didnt have a big enough gauge wire to get it to kick, it was a little 4 strand wire I had. I min the middle of moving shops so that doesnt help. Any iadvice would help, Solenoid? I cant rmeemebr motor off hand its a meyer 2yd i think with the honda.

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

How about taking it to the dealer since it is brand new? I didn't know that people still bought meyers anything.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Try reprogramming the remote, its possible it some how became un married with the spreader...

4. TCLandscaping

Hammerstein thanks for the super helpful tip man. How about it was 11:30 at night and the dealer was closed. I was in a pinch. Its been used twice, so Ill correct myself in saying "brand new". Ive had mutliple v box spreaders, they are all identical. Guess I was wrong When I thought this is what plowsite was for?

Thanks Jim. I was told by another user to pm you about it . Im just going to use the directions in the manual. Another user said he encountered exact problem and he reprogrammed. Thanks

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

6. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Sorry thought after 12 hours and no responses I could comment. It is kind of sad how you cannot rely on new equipment, no matter who makes it.

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Our shop is right next door to a large truck up fitter that just started selling Meyer products. One of our competitors trucks had been in and out of there all season for the new vbox they installed.

8. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Your remote lost programming from the spreader. Happened to one of our swenson wireless remotes

9. TCLandscaping

Control box?

I went down to my shop and tried to reprogram the remote to the spreader. I couldnt get the red light in the control box on the spreader to blink or even light up. I checked all my power sources and everything is getting power from the battery including the plug for the box itself, I am wondering if the box is bad. Dealer is closed on weekends, so Ill wait until monday. It better be under warranty because a new box is $458.00. Havent even made that much with the spreader yet. Have had one event in 2 years for sand and only 2 accounts needed it. 1/2 yd of sand thru it, so im not happy. Hopefully its a as simple as four bolts and a plug. Thanks for your help guys. Spreader would have paid for itself in a month in 2011. Miss those days.