1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Meyer Poly Hawk Spreader

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rcpd34, Aug 8, 2005.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Anyone know anything about it?

2. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Bump

Just saw it in snow business magazine. I am calling the dealer tomorrow and see about prices. Anyone purchase one yet?

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I saw that a while ago. No mention of it on the Meyer site. Odd. Curious to see if it's gas or electric.

4. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Here's what I found doing a search

NEWS RELEASE

(216) 486-1313

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MEYER PRODUCTS LAUNCHES THE “POLY HAWK” V-BOX SPREADER

Category leader unveils new patented innovative pickup spreader

“Rust and corrosion are the two enemies of v-box operators,” states Bob Potak, Product Manager for Meyer Products. “Downtime and lost revenue result when your spreader breaks down. Meyer has created a solution to this by developing the first poly and stainless steel spreader-the PolyHawk™”. This one-piece polyethylene hopper has a stainless steel trough and swing-up spinner assembly and fits most 3/4 ton pickup truck beds. It has all the robust performance qualities of conventional V-box spreaders, but with less weight, greater capacity, longer life and less maintenance.

“Meyer stands behind what we build. This is why we offer the best warranty in the industry,” states Bob Potak. The PolyHawk is backed by an unprecedented 10 year limited warranty on the hopper and one year on all other parts.

Co-developed with ice-control professionals, the PolyHawk was designed to have significantly more material capacity than other poly spreaders. Meyer’s PolyHawk holds 37% more material than competitive poly spreaders. Another key feature of the PolyHawk™ is the swing-up spinner assembly. The swing up spinner allows for simplified clean-up and easy seasonal storage.

What others sell as options, Meyer includes as standard. The Poly Hawk is equipped with a top screen and a 16” wide stainless steel conveyor that provides reliable material handling control and has a replaceable stainless steel conveyor floor. Overlapping baffles, 2 internal and 4 external, and a 13” poly spinner disc provide precise material spreading. A 10 HP 4-cycle engine is standard and an 11 HP 4-cycle is available as an option.

Meyer Products is a leading manufacturer of highly reliable snow and ice control systems. Meyer’s product innovations and industry knowledge have been improving transportation safety and the safety in our lives since the day we invented snowplows over 75 years ago.

For more information contact Meyer Products, 18513 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44112; (216) 486-1313; Pete Robison at (216) 486-1313, robison@meyerproducts.com; www.meyerproducts.com

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Seems like Meyer is selling it but it is made by "Swenson" @ www.swensonspreader.com

I got a local price delivered to my door of $6800.00 plus tax which included the Honda and extended spiner assembly.

6. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

My swenson dealer quoted me $3900. w/techumseh engine. plus tax.
    That was H.P Fairfeild in Skowhegan Maine.

7. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Dwan, wow the price really goes up to get them to Alaska. Bummer:cry:

8. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

It is not just in the transportation but a lot is in the markup here. cost of living is higher so the shops have to make a bit more. He has it in stock. I like to support my local dealers if it is reasonable. This is not. I would gladly pay $1000 more for the local support but not 3K more