1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Meyer Motor install

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Feb 12, 2003.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Diamond system with the E-60 pump. Well the motor died, and I was sent an upgrade with two studs on the motor. I knew that this upgrade was out there, however which stud is used for what? What one is power, what one is ground?

Geoff

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

if your looking at the pump from the side positive is on the right and negative on the left .I just put the e-60h on my set up works very nice

3. GeoffD

This one is labeled D1 and A1, so my question should have said which one is positive and which one is neg.

Geoff

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

the paper work that came with it does not mention those numbers but it might be printed on the unit but i have the cover on top but maybe i can look tommorrow if i can mce the covering a little but must be like mine most like ly because i just got mine.

5. GeoffD

thanks

Geoff

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

A1- Power D1- Ground

Your welcome Jerre

7. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Be sure to ground the base as before or you will have intermittant problems with your solenoids since the ground on the motor is insulated from the rest of the unit. Your three solenoids need a ground too. Learned the hard way.

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You can run a short 4 gauge jumper wire from the motor to the old ground location on the base of the pump. Problem solved, and you don't have to count on the base of the motor to make a good contact with the pump housing...

~Chuck

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Thanks Chuck and Snowlane forgot to mention the jumper wire. It's a natural now. We've been adding a jumper like that to the top of the E47 motors for some of the guys for quite a while.

Jerre