1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Mexico ?'s

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by twfraz, Mar 17, 2015.

1. twfraz

twfraz Junior Member

I am working on getting everything togther I need to start my side bussiness officially. I have opportunity to contract with the state and some sub work right now. Now the hiccup comes in.

There is a possibility of moving to New Mexico for a job opportunity doing my full time job. One possibility I could get put anywhere in the state and the second would be a town in the mountains where I know they get snow because it is a growing ski town.

Anyone from out that way?... Is there enough work to worry with moving my truck(s) with us out there if I go to some place there that gets snow? Thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

There are a few ski resorts in NM.
    I lived and worked in Angel fire.

Taos or Ski Santa Fe?

3. twfraz

twfraz Junior Member

Ruidoso,NM it's in the Sierra Blanca momountains.I found an avg snowfall site and it's has slightly higher avg than here in the VA mountains.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I see the area is growing .
    Sierra Blanca is over 12,000 feet...Thumbs Up
    the ski hill brags about 15' of snow when the city only claims 89"?

Habla español?

5. twfraz

twfraz Junior Member

I guess they count what they make.. The site I found said around 29" per year on average. I like the higher number though.

Un poco.