1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Members - Please Read

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Chuck Smith, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Some of you that join PlowSite.com end up being what we call "one hit wonders". That means you make one post, then never reply to it. You may get 25 answers to your questions and not even know it. Existing Members, this is also helpful for you as well, as sometimes you REALLY want an answer fast.

When you make a new post, or reply to a thread you are interested in, under "Options" check the "E Mail Notification" box. When someone replies to the thread, you will get an e mail letting you know there are new replies.

This picture might help, I needed to get all the text in, but I had to resize it, so it is a little blurry. Sorry.

Attached Files:

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

or you can go into your control panel, then to profile, then to edit options. There is a row of options you can turn off and on;)

PS. Hope ya don't mind Chuck :D

3. Chuck Smith

from NJ

No, I don't mind Nate. I was explaining how to receive notification when someone replies to a SPECIFIC thread, instead of all the threads a Member posts to.

Be warned, if you check the option in your profile to receive notification whenever someone posts to a thread you participated in, your mail box can fill up pretty quick on a busy night, with a hot topic.

4. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Search First

When you click on "New Thread" to start a new topic, you see the following.

So please, use the search feature!!

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I use the e-mail option and i love it. I love this site all together. The e-mail really does help a lot. Thanks for the option:salute: