1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dirty Jersey, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is John. I work for the Board of Education in my town for 11 years and I have my own Mechanical/HVACR Business. I plow for he school also. We have 11 schools in our district. I got started in plowing when my parents had a landscaping Business that had numerous residential and commercial clients. I'm looking into getting back into plowing after getting rid of my 04 F-250 diesel truck last year and selling plow to buy my wife a new SUV for christmas. I now have a 98.5 Dodge CTD hopped up a bit. I have lined up a 7 1/2 ft Western Uni-Mount system. IS a truck mount still available for this set up? If some one or a vendor PM me, If they have a lead or price for the mount would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting other members and the vast knowledge on this site.

Thanks,

John

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

your probably gonna want at least an 8 footer for that truck if you can get it,,, you'll be trailing with it. Welcome Aboard!

3. Dirty Jersey

Thanks Chris, Would adding wings help? I can get the plow for a nice price.

Thanks again,

John

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Anything to widen it up a bit, make sure you're getting a quality reliable piece of equipment, not just a good price, also make sure that you have good delaer support nearby for the brand you are buying.

5. Dirty Jersey

Yeah its not a piece of junk. If it was i wouldn't bother with it. At the school I work at we deal with a big company that we purchase grounds equipment from thats also a Western Dealer.

John

6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

a mount just got posted 2 minutes ago in the classifieds.

7. Dirty Jersey

LOL! I just replied.

Thanks,

John