1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by wolf1, Dec 4, 2006.

1. wolf1

wolf1 Junior Member

Hello to all, great site.I have plowed for 30 years both residential and commercial, was semi retired until this summer, started up WEBB LANDSCAPING LLC with my sons.This is a great place for anyone thinking of getting in to this business or for the veterans that have gone long hrs even days without sleep or a hot meal. Sure know what that's like !!!!!:salute:

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

wolf1,

Welcome to plowsite. It is always good to see a new member join in. This is a great forum to learn and share ideas with many people. If you ever have any questions or comments on Sno-Way products I would be more than glad to be of assistance.

Happy Holidays!

3. BAPTRUCKING

BAPTRUCKING Junior Member
    from MD

Thanks for the welcome! I'm new to plow and ready to invest in a plow but i'm om a se

I'm new to the plow game and ready to invest in a plow but I'm on a serious budget. I have a 97 Dodge ram 1500. I'm thinking about either a Snoway ST/MT, and a Western Suburbanite. What do you think? Don't plan on doing any serious plowing. Maybe a few streets in my neighborhood.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

By "streets in my neighborhood" what do you mean? Public streets? Private roads? How many miles and what type of surface?

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Welcome get the snoway 26 series.. :nono: suburbanite

RCGM
    Brad

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes please clarify what you mean by streets. If you are considering Sno-Way products and the Western Suburbanite you should know that Sno-Way plows are backed with a 5 year structural and 2 year electric/hydraulic "commercial" warranty. The Suburbanite would be a 1 year "consumer" warranty.

7. BAPTRUCKING

from MD

I live in a very busy city neighborhood. Public asphalt roads,Maybe 3mi total.

8. Mick

from Maine

Then I would recommend a commercial grade plow. I assume you have a contract with the city, county or state to plow these roads and municipal insurance, right? The Suburbanite is definately not intended for this. Three miles of public roadway is pretty serious plowing. To push snow on a public right-of-way without an appropriate contract is usually illegal in most states and definately prohibited by all insurance companies.

You'll also need a bigger truck. Minimum of one ton and usually a sander.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hello, I am new to this site...

Hello everyone, i am new to this site. i have been plowing for a couple of years now. I am getting in to my own commercial accounts this year. ( if it ever snows).. i found this site very helpful. But i am unable to post questions that i have for you guys to answer.
    One of my questions is I have 3 commercial jobs, they want bills at the end of the job. Does anyone have any samples of bill. Thanks for the help. like i said for some reason i can post in the Commercial snow removal page. Thanks.. Rich

10. Mick

from Maine

deleted post

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  11. Quality SR

Mick thanks for your quick reply. That looks great. i have another question for you. i know it has been asked and i know you have answered but i just figured out how to use the site to ask questions...
    this is my first year sanding. I got a job that is just under 50,000sf. a parking lot with curbs, and 3 speed bumps.i was trying to figure out how much sand i am going to need?, how much to charge.? i have a western pro flo sander. i also have to sand if there is less than 2" of snow... thanks for your help.

12. Mick

from Maine

Rich, shoot me an email to Mick.J.Smith@att.net and I'll send you a sample of my billing. I tried putting it up here and it didn't take the spacing.
    =
    Never mind on the email. You must have gotten it before I deleted it. If you can figure it out, that's fine. I'll look at your last post again.

13. Mick

from Maine

Rich, are you sanding or salting these lots? If sanding, why are you not salting instead? If sand, are you using a mixture of sand and salt? If so, what percentage?

14. Quality SR

I am sanding and it is a mix. i dont know, what the percentage is. i am going to buy it from a friend of mine.

15. Quality SR

Thanks for your response:salute:

16. BAPTRUCKING

from MD

Works well.

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 180000mi orig trans. Meyer-7.5 steel plow with E-47. Working side by side with other 1500's, 2500's and 3500's. So far my truck does same as other vehicles.

17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i get a meyers or ld fisher those other ones have rubber bands for trip springs