1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by markq, Oct 5, 2005.

1. markq

markq Member

I'm getitng my new 8' Blizzard straight blade installed on Friday night.....I'm SO excited!!!! :)

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping to get some help on...any advice is appreciated

1. - should I get the touch pad, or is the joystick ok to work with?

2. - should I get the emergency parts kit, or put my own together?

3. - should I get the rubber snow deflector?

4. - should I get the airfoil?.....I will be doing 99% sub work, and could be traveling up to 20-30 miles to get to the jobsite. Are there any problems with airflow to the radiator on these plows, or my truck (2004 GMC 2500HD)? I would rather get this and be safe instead of cooking my engine if there are any known problems.

I'm not a complete newbie, though its been about 4 years since I plowed. ******* I'm not one of the dreaded/hated lowballers. ********** I'm fully insured, and not looking to underbid anyone just to get a job. I will have to make a profit, or wont be doing any plowing, and wont be taking any jobs that I cant handle, or just to get some beer money (that seems to be a popular one). I would like to find someone in the area to work with, or sub for until I can build my experience level back up.

I dont know if this is the right area to post this in....it could go in the truck, plow, or business sections.......but I dont think I should post it 3x. Sorry if its in the wrong section.

I've been a member for a few weeks now, but have been lurking and reading for the last 3 or 4 months. Lots of great info here!!!!!

Thanks for all of the advice!!!!!!!!!

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i am still wondering if i should get the touch pad too, i am still getting use to the joystick but i don't like it all that much its up to you. if i were you i would get the snow deflector i plowed once with out one and i hated it the next day i went and bout one. so get that. i would get the airfoil to better to be safe then sorry latter if your doing that much driving during a snow fall. good luck with the new blizzard. :waving:
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Welcome to Plowsite markq

A deflector/air foil are good ideas. Its up to personal preference but when stacking snow the hard plastic might crack where as the rubber has some give. Its probably a good idea to carry an emergency kit but if you can find aftermarket parts online your better off, any factory parts are outrageous. As far as the air flow, if you do a search for overheating there is an updated fan clutch you can get to help with the radiator. I prefer the hand held over the joystick but there again personal preference. Good luck.