1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Remsen1, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'd like to say that after reading alot of the other conversations that it looks like their are quite a few knowledgeable and experienced people on this forum. I have answers to many of my questions without even having to ask. I don't have any questions now, but I'm sure that I will in the future.

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

There is a fine line between knowlagable and opinionated,have fun figuring out which is which.Welcome and happy hunting.

4. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

Yes, I agree with that, but at least it is easy to tell the difference between them.

Ex. "Boss plow are the best and all other stink" vs. "I like Boss plows because (list reasons)."

5. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

We must be smarter than average people... I haven't seen any "my plow is bigger than your plow" threads. Haha. Of course, I'd loose this one.

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Remsen1 may be new, but he's not stupid.

Welcome.

7. NEAL

NEAL Member

Welcome, glad you joined us. The guys on this forum are so valueable we are a lucky bunch.

Neal

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome, I'm new to the forum too and decided to join for the same reason - lots of knowledge and good information to be found here!

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Welcome Remsen1 and 75,
    You are joining a long list of wonderful people who love to talk shop.
    Good Luck!

P.S.Are you guys SIMA members?

10. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

At this time I haven't joined SIMA - I'm not sure I would qualify for membership due to the fact that right now, my plowing consists of looking after the lot where I work (that's where I'm headed once I post this!) and the shop which I rent for working on my vehicles, with the odd sub job to help out a friend who plows - if I am eligible to join I would be interested.

11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It's easy to figure out who's opinionated, it's the guys from Iowa. LOL.

[Edited by Mark Oomkes on 02-05-2001 at 11:31 AM]

13. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

New Member also; Thanks for the great info and I will be sure to add some when I can.

14. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Sorry Mark I didn't feel rite about including myself into either of the categories I earlier stated,but you are correctI am opinionated but I'm opinionated and right so I guess that puts me in a class by myself.

15. Mark Oomkes

Digger, I think my wife would put me in that same category.

16. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Welcome to the new members. This site has been a Godsend for a me this year and I know it will be for you too. As for the "bigger plow" comment, didn't one of us have a radio control truck plowing his driveway on eBay? Or was that just my imagination. It sure answers the question though.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

17. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Joining SIMA

Thanks for the feedback guys! I checked the SIMA site out and decided to purchase a membership - did it online tonight!

18. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Hey Mark if its at all possible I'd like not to have my wife hear I said that, things are pretty bareable right now if she knew I said that times could be a changen.

19. Mark Oomkes

Digger, I was just corrected, I'm just opinionated not right.

20. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

In my opinion, you're right.

-Tim

LOL