1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by meyer22288, May 26, 2003.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Hello i'm a new member. this looks like a great website for snowplowers. i drive a 2001 chevy 3500 with a 8ft meyer snowplow. i have been into snowplowing my whole life. i look foward to information, and any insite obtained from being a member of this site.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

welcome

this site is very entertaining and educational at the same time

by your screen name i hope you can take a joke
    some people like picking on meyer plow owner
    GUESS THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO

cardoctor

meyer since 1981:bluebounc

3. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Welcome>Im glad to see another meyers owner.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite!:waving:

Where in NY are you?

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

:D

LOL CARDOCTOR welcome to plowsite, Where the plowers go. Were a crazy bunch but this is a great site welcome and enjoy your stay :)

Jay

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome:waving: ,Your drivin a Chevy so ya got that going for you,as far as the plow,i got all summer to get you staightned out there but we'll have you all fixed up come winter time!Just kiddin,this is a great site with tons of knowledge and guys succesfully running every brand of equipment out there.

There's a couple ace mechanics running around here too that can answer just about any mechanical problem a guy could run into,Enjoy:drinkup:

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

Don't worry about owning a Meyer,most of the guys picking on Meyers have chilled out lately ;)

Lots of good technical and business info here,so enjoy. :drinkup:

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

thanks

thank you guys for the welcome. i really enjoy this site. as for the meyer my dad picked it out. it works good we ran it all year with almost no problems. i live in dutchess county, NY.

9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

meyer,

Welcome to Plowsite,

I won't mention the equipment, you've got some, that for sure will help you to start!

Have fun, jump in discussions anytime, sometimes a new idea is all that is needed.

Glad to have you at Plowsite.

Rick

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

We're getting closer, what Town are you in?

11. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome aboard! :waving: Well I am not a fan of Meyer but that's ok. Some has to give. ;) Hmmm.... Dutchess County - that is just south of me. What town are you from?

12. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Welcome Meyer22288! I'm in "Southern NY" Richmond County. Please explain the 22288. I had a Meyer on my Bronco II but wouldn't give up my Fisher on my F-150. Good luck and enjoy this site!:D

father & son 2-7-03 snow.jpg

13. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

See now I was gonna let this pass, but I just cant. He said he plowed with it all year with almost no problems. The KEYWORD there is "almost". :D Im just kidding fellas, just kidding. My Meyer bashin days are over. Welcome aboard buddy! You will love it here, I know I do. This site was a great find for me. Bunch of great knowledgable guys too. Mike :) :drinkup:

14. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Who do you think you're kidding, Mike? You've just been faithfully attending your MBA meetings. (No, not Masters of Business Administration--it's "Meyer Bashers Anonymous". Whenever you feel like bashing Meyers you call another member and they come over and get you drunk until the urge passes.) You may be on the wagon for now but we all know you'll fall off.... :D

Welcome, Meyer22288!

15. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hey meyer22288 welcome ! I use a couple of Westerns but our "Flagship" truck has a Meyer poly. Nice plow on a great truck. We won't hold the Chevy against you.

Yeah, we always fight the chevy ford dodge war. We also fight the Meyer Fisher western boss wars too.

Lotsa guys here are on the east coast. Only a few of us mountain folks. Good advice from friendly (perhaps ornery though) guys. (and gals... sorry plowbabe) Have fun cruisn the older posts.
    Have a good summer too... scott
    :nod:

16. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

thank you again for the welcome. i find my meyer to be a very relieable snowplow. it keeps up with the storm and hasn't let me down yet. my chevy is a very relieable truck, it makes a great plowtruck/work truck.:D

I recently moved to Dover/Wingdale. howdy neighbor!:)

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  17. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

hey meyer22288-

Where in wingdale do you live? My friend owns a gravel pit in wingdale. It used to be a dragstrip. If you're heading up 22 and make a left at the light by the veterans building and follow that road, my friends pit is there. It's pretty dry now and they've been screening topsoil there.

I like that area on 22, it's a pretty nice area. (except for that run down mental institution).

Bryan

18. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Meyer, Welcome aboard. Watch out for Pelican he's looking for coffee and Donuts in between jobs...LOL\

Seriously, He's a great guy. Don't forget to keep an eye on the other forums as there is alot of info and help out there.

Jerre

19. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

:waving: Welcome aboard .There is a lot of info for you here.

Snow I believe you are talking about the old Dover Dragstrip.

Pelican probably remembers that. ;)

20. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey Mike-

That must be the same one! Not much of a dragstrip anymore though :D

Bryan