1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new member with winter wolf (snowbear) on a Samurai

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by silverbk, Dec 28, 2009.

1. silverbk

silverbk Junior Member

I am new to the site, and thought I would introduce myself. I used to have a GMC 2500 with an 8ft meyers. I sold the rig to buy a Dodge Quad (way too long of a wheelbase for lowing) cab, to accommodate my growing family.

I just picked up a 91 Suzuki Samurai. It has a residential snow plow marked Winter Wolf. It came without a winch or lights.

I bought a $79.00 ATV winch from Tractor Supply, which seems to work well. I am going to get a chain or poly on it as it tends to kink up. I cut off all the cable except for about three feet, enough to make a few wraps on the drum, and move the plow.

I seem to be having a problem when the plow is cut all the way over. It seems to dig on one side and be off the ground on the other. I suspect that the plow guides are worn letting it seesaw.

Anyone run into this? Have a good solution. I am tempted to heat them up and beat them down into place. Any advice appreciated.

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I'd like to see some pics of the sammy, I have owned 5 of them.. They are awsome in the wood but i have never plowed with one.

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

sounds like the plow needs to be lowered more?

Im not really familiar with those plows so im not sure how they are setup. Maybe some detailed pics would help

4. silverbk

silverbk Junior Member

I am away for the Holidays, but when I get back I want to get some pics up. I will needing some advice with the angles on the plow rig. The truck is set up for off roading, 3in calamini some tires, had trail bumpers front and rear. I had to remove the front to get the plow frame on.

With the 3inch lift I think I have more of an angle than is desired of the blade.

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

you might have to drop the plow frame then

6. sday88

sday88 Member

I have a '97 Ford Ranger with a 6" suspension lift and a Snowbear plow and I don't have any problems with it going all the way down when angled.

7. whiteowl

whiteowl Junior Member

I have been running a Winterwolf since about 2002 on my "99" Wrangler TJ. I'm driving with stock suspension, oversized Bridgestone Dueler tires. I have a pretty decent low attack angle with the plow but it does seem to trip pretty easily when I am pushing strraight ahead.(which I think is good, saving my drive train!!) But I rarely trip when angled. For the price of the plow I don't know if you feel it is worth paying for the fabrication needed to drop that attack angle. Having said that, for the money, this plow does an admirable job for personal use (as advertised).

I have noticed the trip springs are not all that stiff, which probably a good thing, but when that sucker springs back through my rig the recoil goes right through my teeth. But I suppose all decent plows are the same there.

Just remember, as we owners have said on this blog before, KEEP THAT SUPERWINCH MOTOR DRY OVERNIGHT! If you can't store it in a garage or shed, It could get wet, freeze up on you overnight, and the drive motor is toast. ($200 plus replacement cost plus somebody's time, probably yours. CHA CHING $$. There goes your savings for investing in this type of personal equipment.)

Bottom line, for the money, you can't beat this equipment for personal home use. It does exactly what it is advertised to do. You have saved a ton of money over a hydraulic plow and you don't have to change oil and filters semi annually on a big snow blower. (By the way, I have one of those too. My wife handles that. Bless her heart.)

If ya need any more help I would be proud to contribute to the blog......

WHITEOWL

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009