1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member with a New Hiniker V-Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by espyj, Aug 19, 2010.

1. espyj

espyj Member

I've been in real estate & rental property management (primarily single family home rentals) for about 6 years now, and I've decided to stop farming out the lawn & snow care work. So I took the plunge and made the investment. I've had the truck for 2 years as my daily driver. I bought a car to drive on a daily basis, so now this will just be a plowing, maintenance and towing vehicle.

[​IMG]

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!:waving: That is a beatiful GMC you have there. It would look a lot better with a Boss up front. Good luck!

3. espyj

espyj Member

Boss was a close 2nd, but I preferred the controls on the Hiniker, and I also preferred the Poly surface on the blades. I've read that the Poly is nice with wet, heavy snow (doesn't stick to the blade) and it seems like thats a lot of the snow we have in this area.

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Boss makes the poly V XT V plow

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to Plowsite. :waving:Nice rig,:nod: I'm sure you will be happy with your Hiniker. They are well manufactured and have a history of durability and the distinction of having the only direct lift trip edge Vee on the market.

While most of the manufacturers have a poly Vee blade obviously the Boss dealer in your area didn't offer you that opinion, shows good market awareness on the part of your Hiniker dealer and a good dealer is the most important thing.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

SWEET!..

Very nice.:drinkup:

7. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

This is the first Hiniker V I have seen on plowsite. I love these plows and want one so bad for my duramax I just havent pullled the trigger yet. You will love the plow. Everyone in my area run these plows. We only have a handful of the western and boss v plows everyone goes with the Hiniker. Good luck to ya and how about some more pics.

Also might want to look into Timbrens for the front.

8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Veryyy nice! Your going to want to throw 600-800lbs of ballest in the back to off set the weight... Again veryyy nice.

9. espyj

espyj Member

I've already got the Timbrens for the front! They just aren't on in that picture yet. And yeah, about 1000 pounds in the bed should take care of any traction issues!!

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck.

11. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I guess your right on the ball, haha Veryy nice!

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice set-up. What's the backup plan?

13. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Very nice set-up.

14. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Beautiful Rig there....nothing wrong with Hiniker...we used to be a dealer ourselves...problem was dealer support wasnt there...but they make a great plow

15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

hope she treats you well over the years!

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you saying they don't support their dealers, or that they had to few local dealers to support the plows you sold?

17. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The problem was since they're main deal is farm equipment....the plow support was not around all year...that and they only have certain production periods during the year. There was times when we needed answers or parts....and no one was home for either

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes I've seen that in other companies that try to operate on single production runs from out-sourced suppliers and/or shared production facilities, but good dealer inventory can off-set that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  19. niffen56

niffen56 Junior Member
    from indiana

dang i really like that setup. it looks very good. and those hiniker vs are reaally good plows. great setup

20. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Plow looks great, I wish I had one like that! What did it set you back?