1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member/Sponsor Introduction

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kevhead20, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

I've been lurking in the threads for close to a year and finally decided to become more involved so our group can learn more about some of the challenges you face. Wanting to go through the proper channels we contacted the site and became sponsors.

A little bit about our organization....We are a small family run business that has been an official distributor of liquid and dry calcium chloride products manufactured by Oxy(formally Dow) for over thirty years. We operate from terminals in Illinois, TN, and WV. This helps us with our various government contracts in over 20 states. Our home base is in the Chicagoland area where we have a warehouse for our dry products.

We are predominantly a bulk distributor, which is why I am here. While I certainly have calcium chloride products available to assist you with your maintenance programs, I wanted to participate and learn more of the issues that non-government/winter maintenance contractors face throughout the season. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the years of experience the members on this site have. I'm also hoping to add some of what we've learned over the years to you guys.

Sorry for the long post :sleeping: but I only wanted to do our intro once. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I look forward to my schooling.:)

Thanks,

Kevhead20

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to Plowsite.......this gets me subscribed also......I've been using his liquid product for the past 2 winters and have had excellent results. Other members who have tried my mix have had this product blended in. I have sprayed the liquidow directly down to a temp of -7F and had a complete melt in less than 45 minutes. I have sprayed my salt pile with approx 8 gallons per ton and it played nice all winter, no clumps no freezing in the pile. This winter I will be pre-wetting with it at the spinner and I expect I will also experience the same great results.

I didn't purchase the bag calcium but I know the price was very good also.

Last but not least, the customer service is very good and how every company should operate.

3. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Is this where my hand me down calcium came from last year??

4. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

:whistling:

5. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

That's a new one. Are you saying deicing products get passed around?

:laughing:

6. Kubota 8540

Hand me down? Well I never thought of it that way but yes it is. He also has some real good pricing on bag products.

7. Kubota 8540

I was testing a sprayer out the other day and thought about something you said last winter about blasting the ice off the pavement. This 535 gallon outfit I was testing was blasting CA-6 off my driveway on to the trailer deck. I think it'll be OK for spraying de-icer.:D

8. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Just remember not to bath in it Jim!

9. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

So what part of Chicagoland are you out of? Would like to get some more info on products and pricing. PM me if you want and I can get you my email. Thanks

Ryan

10. Kubota 8540

It would have been OK if it had of had some Tequila with it. :D

11. Westhardt Corp.

LOL I remember that. On that note, looks like I'll be rebuilding that Varitech rig I "inherited", since the auction house wouldn't take it with liquid in the tank. Heck, maybe I'll even put it in a truck and use it...or not.

I'll keep you posted.

:D

12. Kubota 8540

In case you need some liquid to keep the other liquid in the tank from freezing, kevhead20 has some that will do the job. :D

13. Kubota 8540

I have never been accused of Bogarting, I've always passed them along. :laughing:

14. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

Thanks for the kind words, Kubota......we just try and do things the right way. It's worked for over 30 years so I don't think we will change.

15. Westhardt Corp.

LOL.. It didn't freeze last winter in storage. Maybe I can sell it!

:mechanic:

16. Kubota 8540

First question, how did you know it didn't freeze last winter? Because it wasn't froze when you looked at it this spring? :D

I think if you sell the liquid, you will need to be a liquid dealer and sponsor? :D None of this sly advertisement stuff, we are STRICTLY by the rules here. :laughing:

17. Westhardt Corp.

Because I checked it, smarty pants...in the winter. And I am quite aware of the non-sponsor policy. But to be honest, their rates are not in line with their site traffic, so I abstain--and behave.

There actually is life beyond PS....

:laughing:

18. Kubota 8540

No way really? Life beyond plowsite. Today it's Plowsite or sand drywall, see where I'm at?:laughing:

And its a work day and your on here why?

19. Westhardt Corp.

Your level of productivity is inspiring.

:mechanic:

20. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

you should see him on allergy meds:laughing: