1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member of the Boss Family

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nascar, Nov 20, 2009.

1. nascar

nascar Junior Member

My new Boss V XT is being installed as I type this. It is on my 2002 chevrolet 2500HD 8100 V8 with Allison and 4.10 gears. Ought to push a little snow.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sure it is. Another guy giving us a sound and dance. Till we see we don't believe you!

PS Good choice!

3. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Post up a picture up when it's done!! We love pictures.

4. nascar

nascar Junior Member

This thing is freakin sweet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. nascar

nascar Junior Member

6. Deco

Deco Senior Member

looks like an 82 ...nice choice . wait till you see what it can do compared to a straight blade . you'll be creaming :laughing:

take the center shoe off .

November21%2C2008%20003.jpg

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That plow shouldn't of came with any shoes. Its just how he was sitting in his driveway.

8. nascar

nascar Junior Member

I need to take it back. something is out of adjustment. I can not get the driver side to unlock or lock without jerking the truck around and it looks like the plow sets on the out side edges really bad when in vee and the driver side hits the ground 2 inches before the other side. I thinks something is crooked.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good,you can stay!

10. nascar

nascar Junior Member

Thank you :D

11. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Nice setup!!

12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Looks really nice! If you have never owned a Boss? You will LOVE it!
    Welcome to the Boss family! `;~)

13. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Looks good welcome aboard

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup all the way around. That plow certainly looks like something is not lined up to me.

15. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

I'm am also a BOSS newbie..New truck new plow!...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Them are some nice lookin set-up's I also joined the boss family this year not with just a new plow but a spreader also!!!!:cool: [​IMG]

IMG00137.jpg

17. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I like the set up doo man! so where abouts are you located in mi. Im about 15 miles east of lake michigan, in good oh Bento Harbor, but most all my accounts are in coloma/watervliet area! good luck

18. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Thanks, I am located smack dab in the middle between kalamazoo and Grand Rapids in Otsego! Good luck to you also.....

19. Deco

Deco Senior Member

push beam installed too high should be 15.1/2" from ground or center shoe too low

20. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

mine was up in the middle when it was in the v and the truck side was at 12.5" when i raised the truck side to the highest I could it was 14.5" and it now sits flat in the v there is also and adjustment on the back of the plow down low in the middle not sure what it is called but you can loosen it and move the blade down a little bit hope that helps