1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member of the Atlas Family

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rich Graz, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Ford F-350 with extended cab mason dump with western wide out and Snow-Ex replacement tailgate salter

westernwide.jpg

tailgatesalter.jpg

2. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  3. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Nice Rig! Good Luck with it.

4. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Thanks heres another picture of the inside view of the salter

snowexinside.jpg

5. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Let us know how you like the plow. I have been looking at them.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Man nice looking truck and set up

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice! I have the same setup (plow/salter) on my Chevy 1 ton dump. I've been very happy with it. I took both baffels out of the salter, and it performs much better.

8. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

By baffels I assume you mean the part that covers the auger? Was it the Snow Ex that you had, if so did you have a vibrator? Were you not getting enough material in?

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I wasnt getting material in fast enough and chunks were not being let through that the auger would easily break up.

10. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Thanks for the reply I am going to try it how it is first and if I have that problem and it sounds like I will, will take it off then. My last question would be are you still able to regulate the out put the same?

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Its something that can be done in a matter of minutes, and even in the field if needed...not a big deal either way.

I have a better/wider range of regulation now.

Edit: I also mounted another backup light on the other side of the spreader like the factory one....something snowex should start doing(very cheap upgrade, and worth it) from the factory.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  12. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback, I was thinking about mounting two lights like that on every truck I have.

13. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice setup!

14. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Very Nice set up, Best of luck!!

15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nice set-up!

16. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Thanks for all the great comments :drinkup: Ive got a few more new members to post as well.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  17. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I now know why you did it, after last weekends storm going to try taking it off and will let you know what I think for next storm. Just trying to convince my partner that it is a great idea because snocrete told me so lol.

18. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

last weekend we busted the rim and tire on the truck and the driver of that rig who just so happens to be my business partner has no clue how it happened and didn't realize it until I showed him. I'm thinking it may have had something to do with him hitting an island that was covered with snow with 5 tons of salt in the bed but you never know. Good thing it was in the rear and it it's a dually.

19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thumbs Up

That sucks. I did that with 3 ton of sand in the back of my dump about a month ago.

20. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 Member

tight set up