1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member - MD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by sinboo50, Dec 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Greetings from Colorado. I just picked up a MD75 for my 94 Chevy 1/2 ton. I went back and forth between that and the HD75 because of the height of the moldboard but really liked how it matches up with the 1/2 ton and is so much lighter. This replaced a Fisher 7.5 on a 88 Chevy 1500 that was setup to plow from the factory and worked great.

It looks like folks are really happy with the MD on this site. We get some monster snows around here at times (I am at 8500 ft.) and hoping I did not make a mistake?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

It's a tough call, as a heavier plow is always better, but you can't always get the plow you want on the truck you have. However, the MD plow has proven itself to be up most things people can throw at it.

If you don't drive into piles at 20MPH, you should be fine. It's not the plowing that kills plows - it's the stopping/stacking... I've got guys running 10 hour routes with MD's (lots of driveways, small parking lots, etc.) - and some guys use them for cleanup on bigger lots.

I'm also quite sure that somewhere in the country, some guy with a Ford Ranger is plowing a Walmart parking lot with one (not recommended, if I wasn't being clear)... That's why I trust my dealers to know their customers...

3. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Thanks Scott... I have always plowed before this house with at least a 3/4 ton. My use is personal but that is deceiving since we get 100+ inches of snow a year up here and in addition to my place there is about 1/2 mile of dirt road and charity work for a few neighbors.

BTW.. Layton Truck in Denver was great as I had a weird issue that after a couple of trips down and up the hill turned out to be a bad controller. The shop manager drove it up here late one night since we expected snow the next day. 2-3 hour drive for him... so tip of the cap to them!

Will let you guys know how it turns out... Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I had the same Issues I'm a "heavy" half ton. I still went with the half ton plow anyway.

5. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Are you happy with the MD75?

6. IceDraken

IceDraken Junior Member

Why's it not recommended to plow Walmart parking lots? :jester:

7. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

No idea its sitting out in the drive waiting to see snow deep enough to plow. I have only had dustings here.

8. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Yeah.. same here. Normally buried by October around here.. very weird season.