1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New member, first post!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 04tundra, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

hey everyone, i just registered after skimming through a few sub forums and threads. ive learned a ton already and i hope to learn more.

a little background on myself, 19 years old, i have been running my own small "business" (uninsured) for 3 years now including cutting lawns, snow removal and a lot of other miscellaneous jobs for customers. i hope to own my own business one day.

right now i clear 5-6 driveways with my john deere 316 w/ 54'' hydrolic plow. but ive recently started looking for a plow for my 2004 toyota tundra in hopes of getting more driveways /small lots. heres a couple pics and thanks for any help in advance as I'm sure ill be visiting the site everyday!

2. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

here is my 2004 toyota tundra LTD 4.7 V-8 with a 2.5 lift along with 295/75/17 nitto terra grapplers

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice looking setup. As you grow or if you put a plow on that truck insure it and get business insurance.
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks good. I'm not partial to Toyotas, but yours looks great, I really like the lift and 295's. Put a set of Timbrens on the front and it will hold a 7'6'' fine.
  5. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

thanks guys. it has bilstien shocks (upgraded from stock) that are alot heavier duty so from what ive read the timbrens would be a waste. (im part of a tundra forum too.)
  6. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

try and talk to MercerMe.. he is a long time member on here and has a Toyota with a Fisher blade on the front. He can tell you all you need to know. best of luck!
  7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

nice stuff i think you might want to get some chains or something for those weights on your tractor hahaha i dont know how long those ropes will last. maybe some tire chains too. and ya what kmbertog said mercer will have all the good tundra plow advice:salute:
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sweet truck. Love the color. Nice weights wesport:laughing:
  9. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

:laughing: thanks for the comments guys. in the first pic of the tractor you can kinda see chains on the tires. and i ended up putting this plastic chafe guard on that rope later on that day after i thought about it some :Thumbs Up:

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, everyone has to start somewhere.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice Tundra. Since the 1st gen. Tundras have a lighter front end than the 2nd gen. Tundras they can handle as heavy of a plow. I sugest that you get a 7.5 Boss Sport Duty or a 7.5' Fisher HT. What ever you do don't buy a plow smaller than 7.5'.
  12. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

thanks. im looking at fishers and blizzards. i really like the second gen tundras...i know im gonna take heavy fire from saying this, but im a toyota truck guy. i know its a never ending battle but i guess its whatever makes you happy. i really like the chevy/GMC's too, a 2500 will probably be my next truck.
  13. mercer_me

Fisher is the best choice between the two IMO. If you can get a 7.5' Fisher SD but, if you can't go with the 7.5' HT if you go with Fisher. Stay away from the Homesteader.
  14. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

lol yeah i heard the homsteader is junk all over the forum
  15. mercer_me

If you put it on a small truck like a Ranger or S-10 it would be ok. But, it's not made for a full size truck.
  16. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

no anybody that has one for sale? lol im probably selling this tractor soon
  17. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

get a boss if you can, they are fast and reliable. never had a problem with mine. good to see your out there working hard for being 19
  18. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

thanks for the compliment boss. i cant stand lazyness..always worked hard
  19. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

That is a great start, keep up the good work and you will own a big o fleet one day, when I started my own business all what I had a ford 150 bought it on a credit card LOL.
  20. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. I started out with a John Deere 160 with a manual angle plow. I don't miss those days. I was doing 10 or so driveways when I was 14, ervery 4"! Gotta start somewhere. Good luck!