1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Member and a quick question (REV on BOBCAT)

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Coastal Plowing, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Coastal Plowing

Coastal Plowing Junior Member
    from 02921

Hello all,

This is my first post here under this new name. My Father has 35+ years in the snow industry, and has had some accounts that long. I have roughly 6 years of experience as I am a bit younger then most here I think (no offense :p). I have recently become the new RI Sno-Way dealer. This is our first year retailing, and obviously our first year with Sno-Way. We were recently very impressed with the Rev. at a Trade show and decided to make the jump and investment in both time and money with the whole product line. Over all I am very impressed with the product. I have done 3 installs so far, and have built 5 plows so far, Rev, V, Contractor, and (2) 26's.

I have yet to use the product in the snow, we will be running (3) of the Mega series plows on our trucks, a (2) 350's and a 550. I can't wait to get them dirty and be able to give an educated opinion on the plow itself. I can say, after using fishers for a long time, that they are great plows, if the Sno-Way plows are able to keep up with the Fishers and or surpass them then that will be fantastic! Judging by the design of all of the plows I feel that they should perform very well.

I have read through a lot of the info on these boards, and have came across a lot of negative reviews on some of the Mega plows. I am hoping for the best. All the plows I have received are the V2's, so thats good.

I have a couple of clients, including myself who would love to see the REV on a bobcat. Has anyone here come across this before? I was thinking about buying a blank bobcat attachment and either welding the center member of the subframe to it, or just modify the A-Frame of the REV itself and weld the plate to that. With the addition of the wireless remote and the lights already on the bob-cat, the install would be very easy and all I need is power for the plow itself. I would run the REV w/o lights to increase visibility out of the cab of the machine and use the existing lights on the cab.

Well, any input here would be great, and I look forward to working with all of you to better the product and help out in any way that I can!

As always, hoping for some snow, in the mean time :drinkup:

Best,
    -Justin

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

3. Coastal Plowing

from 02921

Thanks, I still plan on running some fishers in my Fleet just to be on the safe side. I did read that thread before I became a deal. To be honest I found many of the opinions there to be very skewed, as most of them were from people with negative experiences, not positive ones. Good info never the less.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There weren't that many Revs out last year and I knew personally 2 guys that owned them and they both had more probelms then could be imagined. I also owned a Mega V but that's water under the bridge now, hopefully SW got there act together and the problems are a thing of the past. I just wouldn't put my business in jepordy. Good Luck.

BTW The skid will tear that blade to peices. JMO

5. schuitb

schuitb Member

Let us know how the V2 performs.. I heard they made some changes to the lift ram for more power.. not sure what else they may have done.. If things have improved I would want to change my lift ram from my year 1 test mega V.

6. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, but at least it would be able to lift with the skids arms. :laughing:

To the OP I wish you the best of luck with this venture. I hope that they get things fixed from the nightmare of last year. I'm is the same boat as dave, I was a Mega owner as well and it is water under the bridge for me as well. I have to have a blade that I can count on and I know that after last year I couldn't count on the Mega so I have a new shinny red plow for this year. Good luck, JMO

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you can not do it:nono: the aframe and lift frame are different, the new cylinder on the MBV2 will not fit the MBV1. Different lift points and length. The MBV2 is a very different unit then the MBV1.

Before I would install a Revo on a SS I would check to see if SW is producing it in the SS line. did they mention the SS line to you? If not before I sold a unit to the customer for that application I would get an opinion (in writing) from SW on how it would effect the warranty.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Very skewed?

Ya think?

Someone puts their reputation on the line and then they find out the plow they bought is a POS and you call that skewed?

Alllllllrighty then.

Popcorn anyone?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Only if it's low-fat. Carrying a little too much weight headed into the plow season already...

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:popcorn: guaranteed 99% :rolleyes:free

11. Coastal Plowing

from 02921

It is a very Biased opinion. The fact of the mater is, people have more to say when they are mad, and or dissatisfied then when people are happy. In fact, research shows that for every dissatisfied customer, they tell on average 11 other people about their bad experience as opposed to much fewer who are satisfied, then go onto tell people about their good exp.

Just making a point that very few people come on here to say hey, this is a great plow. I for one will give my opinion at the end of the season, and some updates of my experience with the plow. Good or Bad, i'll let you know.

Best,
    Justin

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with you and I'm sure this is what Snoway told you, over and over. Do a search on here everyone thinks their plow is the best one in the world, same as trucks. You won't find a more brand loyal bunch of people anywhere. It's human nature to complain but since you didn't own a Mega last year, I think your better off not to comment. Basher is a straight up guy and I'd do what he says.

13. Mark Oomkes

Blizzards are great plows, I love 'em.

Powerstroke 7.3's are great diesels, I love 'em, wish I had 3 more.

Did you know that research shows 67.3% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Whatever, you've been warned. Hope they work out for you. If not, don't come back here bitching, pissing and moaning because you didn't believe those skewed opinions.

PS When a plow doesn't work or has as many issues as the Rev did, it isn't opinion, it is fact. An opinion would be that I say the Rev is a POS. I say this not ever owning one and only seeing one at the NTEA show. A FACT is that the Blizzards and 7.3's are a great products, because I have both and have had (as most others have) great experiences with both.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The overwhelming consensus here is that the 1st gen Revo had major problems. At least they owned up to it and made some changes. I wish DD would do the same with their Vee plow....

15. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Like this one? :laughing:

16. Mark Oomkes

Geez, glad someone caught that. :dizzy:

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Uh hello......

Did you see my response to that - Post 14?

18. Mark Oomkes

No, I have you on ignore. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Whatever, Russ....

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would check with Snoway about the Revo and a SS before I did did. I'm pretty sure I remember there being Mega Vees designed for the SS, but I'm not sure about the Revo. Using a piece of equipment in a manner it was not designed for is asking for problems, particularly if you are considering using the SS hydraluics. It is a great idea in theroy I would just be sure Snoway agrees.