1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New member- 6.9' blade on a Ram 2500?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by marcoc, Jul 13, 2010.

1. marcoc

marcoc Junior Member

I have a 2009 Ram 2500 and was looking to put a plow on it for residental plowing. My father has a Fisher steel blade 6.9' MM in great shape that was used for 1 season on a 2000 Jeep and sold the jeep. I have been doing research and found those rubber Pro-wings extensions mentioned on this forum and online they have had good reviews. I was wondering if it would be possible to use this blade with the extensions to properly clear the width of the Ram. This would save me some money considering I would just have to have the frame mounts and wiring harness installed. What service should I complete on the blade? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks in advance.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Too much truck not enough blade.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The plow is to light for your truck you need a heavy duty plow.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Not even that, it won't fit your trucks mounts. The 6'9" mounts are narrower than your trucks mounts so you can even get it to mount up right.

Sell it and buy a used 8' MM2.