1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new member 1st post S10 ZR2 questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rockwood330, Oct 28, 2008.

1. rockwood330

rockwood330 Junior Member
    from ohio

OK welcome to all i have a 2003 S10 ZR2 that i would like to install a plow on what are my options .... i did a searched a found a fue people have the on this truck ... just looking for some more input on this situation any help will b greatly appreciated ....

1: i see that installing the timbren stops look like a must
    2: what are my options for plow setups and there reliability
    3: weight of the plows and the max i could go up 2 without trouble
    4: i noticed some people mentioning ballast in the bed is this a must
    5; will fabrication b needed for the zr2 model ....

thanks in advance to all who respond ... i have a fum more questions but thats a good start

thanks matt

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

hope his helps you out some. Like I said it depends alot on what you plan on doing with the plow

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I didn't wake up Dad.

welcome to the site.
    Try to use the search button, Find something that is close to what you want to know or you have a question about and post in that thread we will be right there to help even if you post in a thread that is 5yrs old.;)

There are hundreds of posts concerning timbrens, ballast, which plow for your truck etc etc

4. rockwood330

from ohio

ok thanks i will post in the older threads im not trying to cloq up your guys forum wit repeat post just the last one was i think 5yrs old and i thought that maby with the new technology out that it may b a bit dated thats all .....

ok i checked the links at the top of the forum and none of then say they are for the zr2 model specifically

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

is there a difference between a zr2 and a reg s-10 as far as plow mounts

6. rockwood330

from ohio

yea its my understanding that there is some differences in the frames ... im looking at the western suburbanite as one of my choices

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

no problem I'm sure you understand.
    Some of these guys post a new thread every time they wipe their butts.(there a dozed threads on butt wiping.....lol)
    This clutters up the forum with a dozen new threads everyday. This makes hard to wade through them all to get to yours and offer some help.
    Nothing personal... post away...:waving:

(i wish more people would understand this)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  8. rockwood330

from ohio

its cool and i do understand ..... what i do not understand is why no manufactures make any thing for the zr2 :gunsfiring: ....not so sure i want to buy a 3000.000 plow and stat to customize it just to fit my app. :mad:

if any one hay any first hand knowledge on making a plow fit on a zr2 pleas help

9. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

We adapted my fathers to fit his zr2, just had to extend it downward and brace it up good.
    Depends on how handy you are.....
    However, I am fairly sure someone makes a correct mount for these trucks.
    Just gotta find them.....

10. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i dont beleive so, the zr2 just sits a little higher

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There isn't many plow choices out there for the ZR2's without modding a custom mount but it can be done if you start with a standard S10/Blazer mount.

And welcome aboard. :waving:

12. rockwood330

from ohio

so will i need to modifying the undercarriage of the plow setup or just making new mounting locations to bolt the undercarriage to ....or is it a weld on app... the plow setup i was thinking about goin wit is the 6'8" suburbanite by western here is a link to it http://www.suburbaniteplows.com/features.html

i do remember seeing somewhere a post a bout some 2in sq tubing being used .... i will have no issues fabin up some brackets if t6hat is all that is needed just dont want to void a new plow warranty thats all

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simplest way to do it is to order the plow with a standard issue S10 mount and then cut it apart and modify it for your ZR2. Modifying the mount will void the warranty on the mount of course, but shouldn't affect the warranty on the plow itself. Unless the dealer is a real :realmad:

14. rockwood330

from ohio

yea thats what i was thinking 2 what do u guys think about plow options i like the one listed above i also like this one 2 http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/viewSeries/type/Plow/cat/11

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

One of the advantages of the 22 series Snoway over the suburbanite is the available down pressure. Down pressure makes a small lightweight plow scrape great in the forward direction, as well as backdrag as good as and/or better than a full size one. :nod: The scrap lock feature on the suburbanite isn't nearly as effective as true down pressure.

16. rockwood330

from ohio

so what make the snow way 600 bucks more than the western

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

REAL Hydraulic Down Pressure, commercial capacity in a small Blade, wireless remote, the EIS system, incredible stacking ability for a small blade, Snoway's warranty and unbelievable web support;)

Search the site for "22 series" you will find a number of satisfied commercial users. Once you've had a Snoway, you'll never be s happy with anything else.:D

JMO

18. rockwood330

from ohio

well i said to hell wit the zr2 ... so im goin to look at a 03 2500hd with a western uni mount i think 78000 mi $12950 looks good ill post some picks when i get it ... thanks for the help guys

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well thats one way to fix it. :D

20. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I think you just took all the fun out of that project....lol