1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new MDV 7.6-Half ton V plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jim@esitrucks, May 11, 2011.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hmmm flared wings, trip edge and stainless....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im thinking they are gonna sell pretty good

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, once again Snowdogg is moving forward while most of the others stay idle...

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

thats one thing you can never say about Buyers is they rest on they're laurels....

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Am i wrong or is the Trip Edge Spring set-up the Exact same as a Meyer "V"....:eek:

5. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

What are they going to run for and weight?

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting to have a stainless V that would meet the lighter specs of a half ton truck. Not to bash my all-time favorite Fisher, but the 7.5 stainless V (one might THINK it is designed for a half ton truck) weighs 821lbs. Ouch!! This looks like a good plow, and I'm anxious to see weight

7. plowguy43

Id like to see their bigger V Plows with the same flared design.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, a piano hinge :salute:

Curious about the weight. Any info about how much of it is made in USA?

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Weighs between 7-800 I believe. Everything usa made except electric components I would guess. Of course Western, Fisher and Meyer all have China electrical in them these days

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Some proudly announce they are made in the R.O.C. not Mainland Communist China.:dizzy: Makes you wonder why the USA cannot manufacture a competitively price quality electronic components:confused:

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

^^^^ Very true basher

12. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Look at the front view. It looks like the middle section of the cutting edge is different then the two side trip edges. Does that mean the center section has no trip? I am not very familiar with trip edges, but that can't be.....can it?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Probably a 4 piece wear edge to allow for the forming of the center contact point. Jim said this is a prototype, it was probably the cheapest way to do the initial assembly. hopefully they will have a two piece design on the customer version.

14. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Its 4 pieces just like they're existing v plows, 2 center pieces and 2 outer long pieces, guess because of sizing they welded a strip between them...but it is a proto

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it has something to do with the .....ahh, nevermind......

16. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

UNION?????........:laughing::laughing::eek:

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hee hee hee ...

18. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well Bash
    Just look at all the stuff going wrong with the plows these places produce that a simple weld can't be finished properly or for that matter anything else and that goes for all plow makers not one in particular.they all have there issues.:dizzy:

19. plowguy43

Made in China, Made in USA = what does it matter, the Chinese own this country anyways...

20. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well unfortunately you are correct but only BECAUSE WE AS AMREICAN ALLOWED THEM TO.AFTER ALL WE FIGHT FOR AND BASICLY GIVE IT AWAY. WHAT A WASTE!!!! and just to SAVE A FEW BUCKS$$$$$$$ WTFTHIS WHY WE AS AMERICANS ARE IS THE SAD SHAPE THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY IS IN:realmad: