1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MD75 issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by x.system, Dec 10, 2010.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Installed a new md75 today on a 99 gm half ton, everything went well even with no instructions other than the light adapter sheet. Anyway, got it all installed, working perfect, buttoned it up and sat it outside for the customer to pick up. Before turning the truck off the plow lights went out, truck lights came on, no power to the plow. I tapped into the box under the dash, upper left foot area, top left side of the panel. That spot seems to be dead now.

I read through about 10 pages on the snowdogg section looking for a similar problem, came back to page 1, first post about the s10 problem and I see I made the common mistake of hooking up the brown to the running light instead of grounding it. I am wondering if this is causing my problem loosing power to the plow? I will fix those brown wires in the morning, hopefully that will cure the problem?

http://www.snowdoggplows.com/ServiceManuals/16071150RINST_C.pdf

On another note, I like the plow, the harness plugs, very nice, overall it looks like a nice unit but that jack has to go, its sub par. I actually had to take the jack apart, take the side gear off and shim it closer to the bottom gear, it kept skipping teeth, it wouldn't stay in its holder on the a frame. A simple design like Boss uses on their straight blades would have been alot easyer to use, just a leg and a pin to pull. After I fixed the jack I tossed it in the truck and used a floor jack.

2. IceDraken

IceDraken Junior Member

My plow lights work perfectly... the only thing affected is my clearance lights.

If that's the post you mean from page 1.

3. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I just hooked up the Snowdogg HD and had the same problem. There is a red and white wire running off of the controler and it is a remote wire. That is it turns on when the ignition is on. Check the fuse on that wire and also make sure if you plugged it into the fuse box that it is still connected.

Hope it helps if not let us know

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have automatic headlights? Could be you tapped in to the headlight wire and they went out. I've seen it happen, the lights turn on in the shop, tech picks up a keyed 12 volts from the head lights than when the truck is backed out of the shop and the lights turn out the plow loses power.

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I got it figured out as soon as I found the link above, I tapped the brown wires into the running lights and that was popping a fuse to my power. Hooked the browns up to ground, replaced the fuse and its all good now.