1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Management Company For Lowes???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtyscag, Oct 15, 2013.

1. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

We where just informed that Brickman is no longer handling Lowes any idea who the new mangment company is?

2. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Nobody seems to know, including the local store managers. All I've been able to find out are companies that didn't get it, including, National Maint. Systems, Springwise, Mirror, and now Brickman.......

3. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

Brickman kept some states like Delaware but lost some states like Maryland.

4. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

for Lowe's**

5. Tiflawn

Tiflawn Member

October 16th and Lowes parking lots in NY state have not been contracted ( or at least the contractors have not been told ). How irresponsible can you get. I have plowed our local Lowes since the store was built in 2004. I have also plowed another Lowes since that store was built three years ago. The pencil pusher that makes these decisions does not realize what the contractor has to go through to prepare for a client ( salt purchase, equipment designation, labor, stakes, route adjustment, etc). I have been fortunate to make adjustments to my business so that I will not have to worry if I get to plow these stores ( we also plow their neighbors W ).
    I feel for the contractors that are left out in the cold at the last minute. The longer these corporate pencil pushers wait, the higher the price gets. That is common sense. Quote of the day: If you leave a trail in the snow, you are a low baller. :b

6. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Thanks alot!

7. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Any info is beter then none

8. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I think affiliated grounds maintenance got them, i received an email from them months ago, the one in matamoras was per event, not seasonal.

9. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

i was told today that someone got them and its not listed above. These bids were due in july if i remember correctly and we bid about 15 sites for various companies listed. I was told this new company got some in Mass and NY but havent been told numbers, locations or seen this on paper. I will update as I learn more.

10. Kristy3868

Kristy3868 Junior Member
    from MA

Correct

Merit Service Solutions (Lipinski) picked up a bunch.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yep, just got the axe today! "Cease all work as of October 31st". We service 2 lowes and they lost everything including summer work as well. It will definitely hurt a bit but I'm about done with the landscaping/snow removal business any more. You go above and beyond to try to keep them looking good and its all for nothing it seems any more. Its not Brickmans fault, I was told that (here in PA) Lowes wanted a huge discount and Brickman said no that no one could do it that cheap and still keep up performance. We'll see.

12. Tiflawn

Tiflawn Member

" The NY Contractor that will be performing Landscaping, Snow and Sweeping services will be Ferrandino and Son "
    I just received this from Lowes.

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's too bad Brian. You guys did a nice job over there. I can think of one or two larger lowball hacks that will gladly do it cheap.

14. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

VT was given to merrit ( lipinski ) and for ccchhheeeeppp

15. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

What about ohio don't tell me agmg got them....

16. SkyhawkSteve

SkyhawkSteve Junior Member

Brickman's retained Ohio

17. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Brickman still has Kansas too they also got home depot for 2 yrs. I heard there trying to get the one near me for 11k for the season it is almost 9 acres and ton of islands. We are hit or miss on snow but there way to low on it.

18. wwhite

wwhite Junior Member

Anybody know who got Kentucky?

19. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

Does anyone know if Brickman kept CT, or is it someone else?

20. Kristy3868

Kristy3868 Junior Member
    from MA

Get use to the falling values!! That is what the market is paying. What do they say?......something is only worth what one will pay!!!