1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MA guy with probably a dumb ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tewtone, Oct 25, 2010.

1. tewtone

tewtone Junior Member
    from MA

I was offered a commercial lot near my home in MA because I helped a friend out of a jam. Got the equipment but not the no how of pricing!

So heres the dumb ?; lot is around 3/4 of an acre, with a single pass around the building for fire exit. Very easy with plenty of room to push. shovel; main, 2 side entrances 1 fire door (all right next to pavement). Salt the entrances, and sand the lot. 1 2500hd truck does it in 2 hours with a 5 inch storm.(buddy did it previously)
    Business owner's want a season contract not per storm. I dont know how to price like this any help would be much appreciated.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

check to see how many plowable events you have in your area and price it accordingly

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How much was your buddy charging and how come they aren't using him anymore?

4. tewtone

tewtone Junior Member
    from MA

he actually worked for the large landscaping company that had the contract 2 years ago. they didnt resign them and asked if he would do it (hes not doing well). We "believe" the landscape co charged around 55k for the season. I had a another friend look at it today and he said around 35k and he could understand why they didnt resign them since they probably got a bid or two that were way under 55.

56 inch average snowfall

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  5. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

WOW I'm moving there. That seems pretty steep for that lot.

6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I bet when he says 55k he means, $5,500 and when he says 35K he means $3,500. That might make a litte more sense.

7. tewtone

tewtone Junior Member
    from MA

wow did i mess up with the measurements!did them today. 2.29 (100.000sqft) acres of plowable parking lot.
    = clear fire lane around building, clear area for loading dock access for tractors, shovel fire exits and entrances. Salt and Sand mix the lot.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  8. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Little off nick!