1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New MA DOT Inspections

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by crossboneracing, Mar 17, 2009.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Anyone have any ideas what the deal is with the new MA DOT inspection? I understand you need to get any trailer over 3k gvw inspected as well as any truck over 10k. Anyone gone through this yet and have any experience? How strict are they with the trailers and trucks? My trailer is an 08 so I am not worried there, but do they look at rust on the dump body and stuff like that?? This is getting ridiculous. I also saw they want to raise the registry rates too!!!:gunsfiring:
  2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I heard a lot about this I dont know anything much I do recall hearing my neighbor who plows for Mass talking about how they were raising the rate and judging by what he told me they are pretty strict as far as condition of the truck and like rust wise.... cause he had a couple of s*** boxes that he had to sell and buy some trucks that were not rust boxes....:realmad:
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i went through it with my truck (but its practically brand new) had no porblems they go through a whole list and check everything operation,malfunctioning, or N/A. you need to have your chock blocks triangles and flares present in the truck. basically just go over everything and make sure its as good as possible. the trailer thing my understanding was anything over 3K if used in commerce (you decide how you want to define that one) also the sticker goes for $29.00 plus shop hourly rate mine was $139.00

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Just another way, Taxachussetts is sticking it up our a@@#$.:realmad:
  5. SuperdutyShane

Maybe if you moved up a state into God's Country ussmileyflag
    I never was a fan of Mass, and then to make it even worse a lot of the Spanish and what not from Lawrence and that general area come up here to Salem for our tax free shopping...
    B*st*rds :realmad:

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Ya , thats why they all come down here to work.Then back north over the border.:guns
  7. SuperdutyShane

Thats true also... My father drives a gas tanker out of Canton and my mom works down in Mass too :p