1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New M9540 with Kage and Normand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JLC, Nov 30, 2012.

1. JLC

JLC Member

I don't post much, but here is a pic of our new tractor with it's snow gear. Thanks to Steve @ Fargo Snow for hooking me up with the 92" Normand blower. After years of watching vids and reading online, decided it was time to take the plunge. Added a 10' Kage to the front to allow it to be productive on lots too. It's on the loader arms which I know is a little iffy, but will try before going to a harness style.

Tractor has the dual speed option giving it just about 25 mph capability. It is amazing how much faster it feels driving down the road. I also added the Kubota Shockless Ride to the loader arms after the first time going rough asphalt road. Probably the best option for a tractor with a loader. It took all the jolt out of the bumps. I can really see it working when the Kage is on the front. Wheel weights just came in for the back and we added a 3rd function valve to the loader which mounts right to the loader control. Still have a couple things to do to it before the first snow, but should be ready by Monday afternoon.

2012-11-26 15.11.53 - Copy.jpg

2012-11-26 15.08.30 - Copy.jpg

2012-11-26 15.10.53 - Copy.jpg

2012-11-16 20.39.41 - Copy.jpg
  2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Very nice. That's what i want only a blizzard on the front. What was the total cost break down for the tractor?
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking set up that will move some snow and is very verstile
  4. JLC

JLC Member

Thought about the blizzard, we have them on our trucks but wanted to be able to contain more snow. Price, dealer was fair and had the dual speed in stock without having to deal with a new machine and the new emmisions garbage. Was within a grand of other Kubota dealers and so far the service/helpfulness has been outstanding. Tried hard to buy green but they werent in the ballpark and didnt seem to want to sell anything.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for posting! That is a beautiful setup! Very nice working with you also, I look forward to helping you with your future needs when you add another :)
  6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nice!

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Very nice!!!!!!!!!
  8. Whitey1303

Whitey1303 Junior Member

how easy is it to get the side off of the blade part?
  9. JLC

JLC Member

Im sure this will work good Steve. I still got my eye on a rotating drum normand for deep snow. We'll see if we get any snow to justify the purchase lol. Did run the Kubota all day today leveling ground with a Harley rake. The tractor is not short on power at all.

Thanks for the encouragement, I agonized over this purchase for a while.

Getting the "Kage" off was pretty simple. Will get easier with use. Im still getting used to the loader controls. Skid steer would be easier for me cause Im more comfortable with it. sitting along way from the hooks on a tractor compared to the skid steer.
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Really nice tractor. Very similar set up to me, except mine are bit smaller M7040's
  11. JLC

JLC Member

I watched your YouTube videos many times trying to decide what size blade to run up front. Thats why I went with the 10'. Which loader does yours have 1153 or 1353? Hopefully I wont have any issues. We treat stuff pretty nice.
  12. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Wow very nice, I'm jealous! Sweet set up, make sure to post action pics & vids. Do you do alot of driveways?
  13. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Very nice!! cant go wrong with a kubota
  14. JLC

JLC Member

Not a lot of drives compared to others on this site which was why it has the Kage so it can be dual purpose. For me the peace mind knowing I will never have to fight a 10+ inch accumulation on a driveway with a truck and plow again is priceless. It was the one thing that would keep me up at night in the winter.

Awesome setup! Thanks for the pictures! Thumbs Up
  16. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Looks like its going to be productive!
  17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a nice setup. Checked out a Kage up close a few days ago. Looks pretty solid, my only question is how the sides/ends will hold up to hitting curbs.

The third valve will allow you to angle the blade?

How do the Ag tires go in the snow? Or does it not make much difference in a machine that size?
  18. JLC

JLC Member

Yes, the third function up front was a factory Kubota option and installs cleanly brackets that were already on the loader arms. It allows me to angle the blade. Had to install flow restrictors as the blade was uncontrolably fast without them.

I have no idea how the tires will do as we havent gotten any snow. I've read that they wont do as well as other styles which is why Im adding weight to it. Between the wheel weights and the blower it will have a good amount of weight. If that isnt enough the dealer can add beet juice, but Im trying to avoid having to have fluid in the tires.
  19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have to run a crossover relief valve on the angle hoses?

Any market for the Ag tires while their still new?

Sorry if this feels like an interrogation lol....
  20. JLC

JLC Member

Its ok. The Kage comes with the crossover relief valve. Hoping I can get it set it conservatively to keep the strain on the loader arms as low as possible.

On the tires, I have no idea. I do think it would be neat to get a set of Michelin X-Bibs for summer work, but they would be too wide for the blower in the winter.